ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Retay Masai Mara 20 Gauge
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

twfran wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
That the dealer that does it, not Retay. You're not going to get Grade 4 wood unless you ask for it. In that case, you pick the wood direct from Retay, or buy the wood alone if you wish.

Mr Wakeman - I am going to order a Grade 4, and I am wondering exactly how it works when you do that. You mention working directly with Retay. Will the dealer facilitate that interaction? I could also go with a Grade 2 and order the Grade 4 wood separately if that is the way to do it. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated, sir.

Yes, any good dealer will order a Grade 4 for you. The dealer quotes you a price and once there is agreement, you can pick out the Grade 4 stock set you want installed. Retay / or your dealer will send you pictures so you can select your wood.

Or, as you mentioned, you can buy a standard Grade 2 Masai Mara and order the wood separately. You can e-mail Retay Service [email protected] or call them 800-977-5749.

As far as I know, Grade 4 stock sets are available for the Masai Mara 20 gauge and the 3 inch Masai Mara 12 gauge only: not for the Gordion or the 3-1/2 inch Masai Mara Air King.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 am 
Field Grade

Perfect! Thank you, Mr Wakeman.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:54 am 
Field Grade

Was comparing my retay 20 to my mossberg 930 12ga and they are almost same length even though the 930 is a 28 inch barrel and the retay is 26. The retay receiver is much longer than the mossberg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:36 pm 
Field Grade

I really appreciate all the information, advice, and opinions that I have collected on this thread and in direct messaging with forum members. Still a great community of folks here at SGW!

Assuming all goes according to plan, a new MM20 will be added to the toolkit here. I am anxious to see how it performs in the field and on the sporting clays course!

My most direct reference points would be a Benelli Legacy 28ga, a Benelli Cordoba 20ga, and a Remington 1100 Sporting 20ga. I enjoy shooting all those shotguns and experiencing their different personalities. From all I have gleaned here, the MM20 is going to add yet another dimension to the fun in the field and on the course!

More to follow...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:21 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

twfran wrote:
More to follow...

Did you pick out your wood yet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:13 pm 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Did you pick out your wood yet?

SClagg has provided some sample photos, and two of them really appeal to me (4,6). We're going to confirm everything next week when folks are back at work. He is really a pleasure to work with on this purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:04 am 
Field Grade

Is the safety reversible?

No,it is not

Well, that sucks

So, what are us lefty's supposed to do?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09 pm 
Crown Grade

ksauers wrote:
Is the safety reversible?

No,it is not

Well, that sucks

So, what are us lefty's supposed to do?

Buy a Benelli!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:38 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Retay 20 gauge walnut stock sets:

What does a grade IV stock cost?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:07 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

RandyWakeman wrote:
twfran wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
That the dealer that does it, not Retay. You're not going to get Grade 4 wood unless you ask for it. In that case, you pick the wood direct from Retay, or buy the wood alone if you wish.

Mr Wakeman - I am going to order a Grade 4, and I am wondering exactly how it works when you do that. You mention working directly with Retay. Will the dealer facilitate that interaction? I could also go with a Grade 2 and order the Grade 4 wood separately if that is the way to do it. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated, sir.

Yes, any good dealer will order a Grade 4 for you. The dealer quotes you a price and once there is agreement, you can pick out the Grade 4 stock set you want installed. Retay / or your dealer will send you pictures so you can select your wood.

Or, as you mentioned, you can buy a standard Grade 2 Masai Mara and order the wood separately. You can e-mail Retay Service [email protected] or call them 800-977-5749.

As far as I know, Grade 4 stock sets are available for the Masai Mara 20 gauge and the 3 inch Masai Mara 12 gauge only: not for the Gordion or the 3-1/2 inch Masai Mara Air King.

MSRP on a Grade IV stock set is $600.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:45 am 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
twfran wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:

MSRP on a Grade IV stock set is $600.

That is very reasonable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am 
Utility Grade

Is the bottom land camo version drilled and tapped? Ive looked everywhere on line and cannot find an answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:10 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Wahoo Whacker wrote:
Is the bottom land camo version drilled and tapped? Ive looked everywhere on line and cannot find an answer.

Not on 20 gauge. 12 gauge turkey models are: https://www.retayusa.com/copy-of-masai-mara-upland .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:18 pm 
Utility Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Wahoo Whacker wrote:

Not on 20 gauge. 12 gauge turkey models are: https://www.retayusa.com/copy-of-masai-mara-upland .

Thank you... that is what I assumed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:45 am 
Utility Grade

Gentlemen, thanks for continuing a helpful discussion I went with the 12ga, but have some info that may help y’all nonetheless. Retay confirmed via email that they plan to have a full lineup of barrels on their online store soon.

For 12ga, all barrels are interchangeable within the same chamber size. I am in the process of confirmed that all 20ga barrels will be interchangeable, though I’d assume they are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:13 am 
Crown Grade

One of these in gloss black receiver with upgraded wood of my choosing; really calls to me! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:57 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Skipper7 wrote:
Gentlemen, thanks for continuing a helpful discussion I went with the 12ga, but have some info that may help y’all nonetheless. Retay confirmed via email that they plan to have a full lineup of barrels on their online store soon.

For 12ga, all barrels are interchangeable within the same chamber size. I am in the process of confirmed that all 20ga barrels will be interchangeable, though I’d assume they are.

Masai Mara 12 gauge and Gordion 12 gauge barrels are not interchangeable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:36 am 
Utility Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Skipper7 wrote:

Masai Mara 12 gauge and Gordion 12 gauge barrels are not interchangeable.

Correct. I misspoke. My post above refers only to the Masai Mara.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9