ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Log in issues/redirect
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:30 pm 
Crown Grade

albanygun wrote:
Folks all over the internet are having problems with the xyz virus and not just this site.

Then the problem likely has nothing to do with the xyz virus as you previously guessed since people experiencing problems here are not experiencing problems "all over the internet". They are only experiencing problems on this site.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

DEG, you seem to know more about this than the rest of us (the unwashed), so will you please explain to us in simple terms what’s going on and how to fix it?

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

They have no interest in fixing it so I have reduced accessing the site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:33 am 
Crown Grade

It looks like that its got me now. Can't do much if get redirected error message every time I try to look at a thread. I guess I too will stop using until things get better.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 am 
Diamond Grade

This site really has something weird going on with it. I use a MacBook and don't have any redirecting issues, but other stuff is constantly happening. Lately, I'll click on a thread and occasionally get a blank white page. If I hit the refresh button in my browser, the page will then load normally. Overall, the site is very slow, too. Using some of the shortcut buttons stop pages from loading. Many times, the progress bar in my browser shows that some pages are never completely loading. Frustrating...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:21 am 
Presentation Grade

desmobob wrote:
This site really has something weird going on with it. I use a MacBook and don't have any redirecting issues, but other stuff is constantly happening. Lately, I'll click on a thread and occasionally get a blank white page. If I hit the refresh button in my browser, the page will then load normally. Overall, the site is very slow, too. Using some of the shortcut buttons stop pages from loading. Many times, the progress bar in my browser shows that some pages are never completely loading. Frustrating...

My PC and laptop run on Linux, no virus or malware in my systems. I have the exact same problems as you. This site is getting real bad fast, it's infested with never ending Ad's :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:29 am 
Field Grade

Trying to log in on this site sucks. And I’m not downloading or changing anything on my end as a work around for one site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:39 am 
Crown Grade

Rack-N-Roy wrote:
desmobob wrote:

My PC and laptop run on Linux, no virus or malware in my systems. I have the exact same problems as you. This site is getting real bad fast, it's infested with never ending Ad's :twisted:

Same here. Using iMac and Safari. Glad to know it's not just my stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

I’ve had this problem for months now. This is the only site it happens on.

My computer tech. says it’s not a virus, but comes from Shotgunworld.

My tech said the only way for me to manage is to discard all prior websites I’ve visited. You do this on the iPhone by touching the 2 rectangle icons on the bottom right of the screen. Then, touch the “x” on the upper left of every website that shows up. This discards them.

I don’t know why Shotgunworld doesn’t do something about this. The concern is that it can become so bothersome to deal with that it could encourage participants to use other forums. That would be a shame because this is by far the best shotgun forum around.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

The Rattler wrote:
I don’t know why Shotgunworld doesn’t do something about this. The concern is that it can become so bothersome to deal with that it could encourage participants to use other forums. That would be a shame because this is by far the best shotgun forum around.

For sure. I've been checking out other shotgun forums because this one is such a PITA to deal with.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:08 pm 
Utility Grade

one of their advertisers is injecting code that is making the popups /redirects. ad blocker will prevent. I know this site is advertiser funded, but you have to protect yourself when there is malicious code

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I am using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop and I have Malwarebytes running. Every time I navigate to SGW, a Malwarebytes notice pops up that says "Site blocked due to trojan" yet I still get to see and use SGW as normal. I often get the same notice when I click on a new forum or topic within SGW.
Before reading this thread, I found the notices irritating, but now I think Malwarebytes is preventing the redirect that so many here are experiencing. If Malwarebytes is detecting a trojan, maybe there's a trojan.

NRA Life Member

"Profanity is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully"--author unknown
"This is a big f__king deal!"--Vice President Joe Biden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:41 pm 
Utility Grade

My Win 10, Chrome, Malware, AVG, Ad Block+ blocks more stuff on this site than any other I use daily.

Noted in Post above bu osok1....the last few days MalwareBytes warns me it blocked a Trojan each and every time I log on, or go to a new page / topic

It has something to do with "tags.dashboardads.net" that is triggering Malware to block a Trojan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Install an adblocker.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Have one. Still get redirects. Chrome is set to block adds, pop-ups, and redirects.

Next

One of Many

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:39 pm 
Crown Grade

I've never had a redirect on my Windows run computer. Ever. However, for the past 9 months or so, this site - and this site only - takes forever and a day to load or advance to the next page. AAARRGH! {F*

Retired

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:57 am 
Field Grade

We are working on nailing down the source to the adobe flash popups. These are not permitted on our network and have been slipping through on the ad network. As soon as we are able to track who let these through we will be able to extract them.
-Philip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:41 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
DEG, you seem to know more about this than the rest of us (the unwashed), so will you please explain to us in simple terms what’s going on and how to fix it?

No, most people commenting here have come to the same conclusions that I have. You are just among the tiny minority who seems to believe a problem that only appears when visiting this site is a problem with the device people are using instead of a problem with the site.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Fair enough. I don’t know which is the case. I’ve been wrong before

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:06 pm 

I am told that they are close to resolving this issue. I hope to find out the advertiser that is causing this so as to make it public and for all of us avoid it.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next