ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Benelli SBE3 & M2’s Still Shooting High?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:20 am 
Crown Grade

DREAD43 wrote:
I shouldered several guns today and the SBE3 fits my by far the best, with the M2 second. I've been reading reviews and it sounds like the early ones they made all patterned high. For those of you that have bought one recently, are they still patterning high?

I thought you had already bought an SBE III?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:20 pm 
Diamond Grade

My M2 shoots right where I want it. Through one side of the duck and out the other.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 pm 
Utility Grade

I'd like to know for sure as well...when I had to pick up my bud's SBE 3 to kill a cripple at 30 yds he yells "shoot 2 feet below it!" I do, and smoke the thing...and we both laugh and he says "wanna swap for your $300 pos stevens that shoots straight?". His is about 3 years old. Such a well publicized issue, you'd think it would be fixed by now?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:50 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

TryEveryAuto wrote:
Such a well publicized issue, you'd think it would be fixed by now?

It isn't.

Quote:
Hi Randy - unfortunately I am another one of the unlucky Benelli SBE3 owners...and neither Mack's Prairie Wings or Benelli are being much help.

It got to the point where I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company for a defective product to get Mack's to even offer to repair....and then their Gun Sales Manager threatened to call their lawyers for me being in possession of a gun across state lines that I didn't pay for.....

This has gotten ugly and unfortunately neither Benelli or their dealers seem to care.

I'm writing to express frustration with my recent purchase of a Benelli Super Black Eagle 3.

I've purchased 7 Benelli guns over the past 15 years and never once have had a problem. This SBE3 has been a total lemon. I purchased it in August and out of the box it shot 24" high and to the left.

I sent it back to your company, and a fix was supposedly made. I patterned again, and it STILL shoots 18" to the left. I've emailed into customer service multiple times and not only have I not received an apology, I cannot get anyone to respond with a second Repair Authorization number.

The reason I write to you is that I feel totally let down as a lifelong Benelli customer. I feel that there is something terribly wrong with the SBE3 design and Benelli won't admit to the problem or stand behind the product.

It's even gotten to the point where I had to threaten to dispute the credit card charge from the selling dealer for a defective product to get ANYONE to help me with this.

This experience has truly left me feeling let down by Benellii and I have lost faith in a brand I've loved over the years. How simple would it be for your company to accept responsibility and exchange my gun for one that works?

Sincerely,

We spoke on the phone today regarding my Super Black Eagle 3. I've gone ahead and withdrawn my dispute with my credit card company, and I will be sending you the gun through my local gun shop FFL this weekend for repair.

The reason my frustration level is so high with this gun purchase is:

-I've already sent this gun back once for a fix and the gun STILL shoots 18" to the left
-Benelli knows there is a major design flaw with this gun and won't stand behind their product
-No one from Benelli or Mack's seems to care that I was sold a defective gun...Benelli won't respond with another RA number and during our conversation you said Mack's won't replace the gun.

It's a frustrating position to be in as a consumer where I cannot get help from the manufacturer who I have bought 7 guns from in my lifetime. I am hoping your gunsmith can fix this or you can help exert pressure on Benelli into fixing/replacing the gun.

For reference I have attached two patterns from AFTER the supposed fix. The black circle is 6" diameter.

Again contrary to what you said I was not "trying to get out of paying for this gun." I just want a gun that shoots where it is pointed. Here's an article that describes this issue.

Hopefully you can fix.

So it goes.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:27 am 
Crown Grade

A lot of new SBE III owners are reporting their guns are 50/50 or 60/40.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:22 pm 
Limited Edition

Hey Dr Duk

Where have you seen this report. My search has not turned up these reports. I really like the gun for fit. It really fits me well. But, the side by side comparison of fit, finish and internal parts does not even come close to the Fabarm Waterfowler. There is no dispute when you breakdown the guns side by side. Had it done for me in a gun shop. It was one of the owners pitch to sell the Fabarm. I liked both guns compared side by side but can tell you I am leaning towards the Fabarm just because of construction and no alleged POI issues

Woody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 am 
Tournament Grade

woodtam wrote:
Hey Dr Duk

Where have you seen this report. My search has not turned up these reports. I really like the gun for fit. It really fits me well. But, the side by side comparison of fit, finish and internal parts does not even come close to the Fabarm Waterfowler. There is no dispute when you breakdown the guns side by side. Had it done for me in a gun shop. It was one of the owners pitch to sell the Fabarm. I liked both guns compared side by side but can tell you I am leaning towards the Fabarm just because of construction and no alleged POI issues

Woody

Nothing wrong with a Fabarm, but if you are going to get a gas gun check out the Berettas as well. But the Benelli is an inertia action that is proven to work in really bad conditions. I have had trouble with gas guns if you get them really wet (think soaking rain/dunking), they tend to turn into single-shots. Benellis take a licking and keep on ticking. And I'm primarily a Beretta guy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 am 
Presentation Grade

I am shooting Fabarms. Very happy with them. I bought one of the 1st SBE3's. It shot so high it was a useless POS.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:29 am 
Crown Grade

woodtam wrote:
Hey Dr Duk

Woody

I know personally 5 people who have them with no issues.
The Duck Hunters Refuge reports favorably on the SBE III.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:35 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

TryEveryAuto wrote:
I'd like to know for sure as well...when I had to pick up my bud's SBE 3 to kill a cripple at 30 yds he yells "shoot 2 feet below it!" I do, and smoke the thing...and we both laugh and he says "wanna swap for your $300 pos stevens that shoots straight?". His is about 3 years old. Such a well publicized issue, you'd think it would be fixed by now?

There isn't a week that goes by when I don't get e-mails with SBE3 patterns attached. It is a problem and Benelli to this day is unable to say what the problem is or how to fix it. If you call Benelli and ask them where a SBE3 is supposed to shoot, they really don't know.

At first, it was "normal." Then, it was "within their tolerances" (21 yard tolerances). Then, over two years later, it was an incorrectly adjusted barrel stop ring on the magazine tube. Unfortunately, talking a torch to the magazine tube cannot fix the high and to the left issue.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

fix the problem..........trade it in on a beretta a company that has been making barrels for 500 years plus.......they know how to make a barrel shoot straight and shoot within tolerance.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Or get a Retay if you want an inertia autoloader instead of a gas operated gun. Nothing would piss me off more than a $1,500 gun shooting too high and/or left, except a maker who couldn't or wouldn't fix it or replace it.