ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Remington V3 Reviews?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Why dont you post on the Remington Forum?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:23 pm 
Field Grade

Who cares? If you have an SBE3, your field gun issues are over.

I have had my SBE2 since 2004, it's first year. I primarily hunt with it in the Texas salt water marsh. Did a deep clean on it about a month ago. It was hardly dirty at all. It has never failed me, and with the included shim kits, it fits perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Once in a while, my V3 will get stiff to load in the magazine tube. I've changed the magazine tube follower to an aluminum one...but it didn't seem to change the rare stiff loading. I think it has to do with the angle of the shell. If the shell is parallel to the magazine tube, it seems to load just fine. If the shell is angled, it seems to be stiff loading. I've never had a shell bind up...just stiff to push into the magazine.

Other than that my V3 has been great. There are a lot of discussions and great reviews in the Remington section here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:33 am 
Crown Grade

Wowzer wrote:
Once in a while, my V3 will get stiff to load in the magazine tube. I've changed the magazine tube follower to an aluminum one...but it didn't seem to change the rare stiff loading. I think it has to do with the angle of the shell. If the shell is parallel to the magazine tube, it seems to load just fine. If the shell is angled, it seems to be stiff loading. I've never had a shell bind up...just stiff to push into the magazine.

Other than that my V3 has been great. There are a lot of discussions and great reviews in the Remington section here.

That’s been my experience as well. Seems to be something that’s been reported by others as well. Noticed the same about the shell angle too. Nowhere near a significant enough issue for me to even consider not keeping the gun. Excellent field gun, very soft shooter, have yet to have any mechanical issue.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:07 am 
Limited Edition

Woollymonster wrote:
Who cares? If you have an SBE3, your field gun issues are over.

I have had my SBE2 since 2004, it's first year. I primarily hunt with it in the Texas salt water marsh. Did a deep clean on it about a month ago. It was hardly dirty at all. It has never failed me, and with the included shim kits, it fits perfectly.

Maybe you can open a Kool-Aid stand over on the Benelli forum and peddle this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 pm 
Field Grade

The Rem V3 is light, anyone that has spent the day with hiking with a shotgun knows how heavy they can be at the end of a long hard day. It has amazingly light recoil. It cycles most of the time (may not have been cleaned ever), it has a lot of small parts to clean and/or lose. I don't own one, but have had a chance to play with one and I like them for the low cost and high value. like low $730'ish