ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Helping identify Armi Gnali.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:19 am 
Utility Grade

Hello, I'm Alex from Romania and I need a little help. I recently bought my first hunting weapon, second hand, and I want to present it to you with the request if you can give me some data about it. Thank you very much!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Alexandru Valentin on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Helping identify Armi Gnali.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:38 am 

https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/qu ... gun.98166/

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 am 
Crown Grade

Welcome to SGW, Alex ! ! {hs#

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 am 
Utility Grade

Curly N wrote:
https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/question-on-gun.98166/

Thank you for your answer! I've already read almost everything on the web about Gnali Weapons. Please, if you can be specific on that topic, I do not want to know the value of the weapon but to know as much as possible about it. So far we have learned about the trigger system, which was patented by Armi Gnali, single double trigger and the ejection system which was not copied by anyone. Thank you very much to all those who help me with information!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:40 am 
Utility Grade

CriscoKid wrote:

Welcome to SGW, Alex ! ! {hs#

I’m glad to be here and gain knowledge! Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:22 am 
Crown Grade

Alex,

Your gun bears the mark of the Gardone Proof House. The PSF under a star within a cogged wheel denotes a smokeless powder proof pressure of 1080/1020 bar, Finito under a star within a cogged wheel denotes final proof of a complete gun ready for sale to an end user. The maker's mark is not clear but, appears to be either Gnali Graziano or Gnali Giacomo. The XIX is the date code for 1963. The two stars on the bottom barrel indicate improved modified choke, the single star on the top barrel indicates full choke.

Judging by the DOM, your gun may have the earlier locking mechanism consisting of dual Purdey extensions alongside the top barrel, nesting into slots in the standing breech and secured by a sliding crossbolt and dual underlugs that protrude through the bottom of the frame. Later models employed dual conical pins extending from the standing breech that nested into shoulders in the monobloc similar to the Beretta BL 2,3 and 4 of that era. The Gnali, however, also retained the dual underlugs that protruded through the bottom of the frame. Does your gun have the Gnali single/double triggers or a selective single trigger?

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

P.S. PM sent. Check your e-mail.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:44 pm 
Utility Grade

doppelflinten wrote:
Alex,

Your gun bears the mark of the Gardone Proof House. The PSF under a star within a cogged wheel denotes a smokeless powder proof pressure of 1080/1020 bar, Finito under a star within a cogged wheel denotes final proof of a complete gun ready for sale to an end user. The maker's mark is not clear but, appears to be either Gnali Graziano or Gnali Giacomo. The XIX is the date code for 1963. The two stars on the bottom barrel indicate improved modified choke, the single star on the top barrel indicates full choke.

Judging by the DOM, your gun may have the earlier locking mechanism consisting of dual Purdey extensions alongside the top barrel, nesting into slots in the standing breech and secured by a sliding crossbolt and dual underlugs that protrude through the bottom of the frame. Later models employed dual conical pins extending from the standing breech that nested into shoulders in the monobloc similar to the Beretta BL 2,3 and 4 of that era. The Gnali, however, also retained the dual underlugs that protruded through the bottom of the frame. Does your gun have the Gnali single/double triggers or a selective single trigger?

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

P.S. PM sent. Check your e-mail.

Respectfully. Thank you very much for the data and information you provide me, they are of great value to me, personally. Today I was in the firing range and I tested the weapon, on the first trigger you can shoot first with the bottom barrel then pressing the upper barrel a second time. On the second trigger, just the top pipe. The weapon has two shots. The locking system is really the one you described, a pretty good, solid one, in my opinion. The weapon behaved impeccably! The boys there are athletes in the TRAP field, but I have never seen the cartridge ejection system, manually, by pressing the two buttons on the side of the pipe.

P.S I did not receive anything in the inbox or by mail. [email protected] is my email. A nice evening!