ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Luckily I have a shotgun for everything thing I want to do
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:39 pm 
Field Grade

Again I was in Academy, and I just started laughing at the empty ammo shelves.
There was NOTHING on those shelves except for one lonely unloved box of 38 special.

Now on the other hand, there was plenty of shotgun ammo. Dove loads and such, but still, at least it's there.

It got me to wondering how regular joe's are maintaining their handgun shooting skills these days.

It's pretty much just like the TP shortage, and any of the other "shortages" this year. Panic buying and hoarding by ppl in the area you live in.

If it really ever came down to it, it's no the government that is going to be a problem, it's the people in your community.

Post subject: Re: Luckily I have a shotgun for everything thing I want to
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:01 pm 
Limited Edition

I keep getting mail order ammo offers in my email but haven’t bothered. I’m not shooting pistols indoors for the duration of the pandemic. I’ve been assuming they have some stock to sell. Maybe I’m wrong.

EDIT: Yep, I’m wrong...sort of. Prices are more than 3X normal on 9mm. WTH.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you think that’s bad, see what both large and small pistol primers are bringing if you can even find any

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:20 pm 
Field Grade

Oh yeah, and the handgun cases were pretty much empty as well. It's really pretty funny overall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 pm 
Crown Grade

Not here; local gun range and store has full cases of black plastic guns, ARs, and all the goodies including pallets of some ammo sitting on the floor for those with ARs and AKs

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have plenty of everything I need, primes, (shotgun, rifle, pistol), wads, shot, powder (shotgun, rifle, and pistol), hulls, (12, 16, 20), brass, 380, 9mm, 38 Spl, 357, 44 Spl, 44 mag, 45 Colt, and 45ACP. I hit a lot of estate sales this summer, and bought a lot of components. So, I didn't add to the hysteria :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:55 pm 
Limited Edition

cdb1097 wrote:
I have plenty of everything I need, primes, (shotgun, rifle, pistol), wads, shot, powder (shotgun, rifle, and pistol), hulls, (12, 16, 20), brass, 380, 9mm, 38 Spl, 357, 44 Spl, 44 mag, 45 Colt, and 45ACP. I hit a lot of estate sales this summer, and bought a lot of components. So, I didn't add to the hysteria :!:

cdb

I always keep at least 5k of all primers, plenty of powder and lots of component bullets stocked. You tend to do that when you have unlimited access to the local range and you're paid to do so. I bought oneounceload's last batch of once-fired Nitro 27s and added another big batch of Remmy STS hulls from a friend plus said friend has a lot of shotshell components on hand and shares for a reasonable price.

Life is good.

tp (unabashed braggart)

12/26" ATI Cavalry (hey, it shoots...usually)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

T-Pee wrote:
cdb1097 wrote:

cdb

I always keep at least 5k of all primers, plenty of powder and lots of component bullets stocked. You tend to do that when you have unlimited access to the local range and you're paid to do so. I bought oneounceload's last batch of once-fired Nitro 27s and added another big batch of Remmy STS hulls from a friend plus said friend has a lot of shotshell components on hand and shares for a reasonable price.

Life is good.

tp (unabashed braggart)

I cast all my handgun bullets, so I have an unlimited supply of bullets for them. :D

cdb