ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Turkish SxS and O/U
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Dalee100 wrote:
jusanothajoe wrote:
Thanks to those that have real world experience that answered.
I will probably add a 12ga SKB SxS in the future and would like to hear from any SKB owners.

Hi,

The new SKB SxS guns are the same manufacturer as makes the Dickinson SxS - AKUS. My 20ga Dickinson has never failed to fire or eject hulls in the 7 years I've owned it.

Thanks {hs# {hs#

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

twohigh wrote:
JoeCool wrote:
light hammer strikes might be around for a long time. They happen fairly often on Browning lower barrels,

On Brownings (as has been discussed here many, many times) the cause of the "light strikes" (failure to fire) is typically due to damage to the firing pins due to pierced primers on loads or reloads using hard, brittle (inferior) primers. Most regular Browning shooters know to either stay away from those loads/primers, or, if they insist on using them, to keep spare firing pins readily available. Since the Browning design way predates the use of hard, brittle, ferrous primers, I see this problem being an ammo one and not a gun one.

Your loyalty to Browning is admirable, but blaming the ammo does not instill confidence in potential gun buyers. It isn’t Browning’s fault for the problem occurring, but it is their fault for them not fixing it at the gun. The ammo is here to stay. If Browning also wants to be here to stay, they better get this problem fixed at the gun either through metallurgy or am engineering/ design change. People are going to get tired of being told they can’t use economical ammo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

They seem to be selling lots of them. Citori is the best selling O/U ever and I see more of them at the skeet/trap fields I frequent than any other brand. I've been shooting them for over 40 years. Funny, I've not had problems with FTF and I've literally 100s of thousands of round thru them. I think they are doing ok.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

twohigh wrote:
They seem to be selling lots of them. Citori is the best selling O/U ever and I see more of them at the skeet/trap fields I frequent than any other brand. I've been shooting them for over 40 years. Funny, I've not had problems with FTF and I've literally 100s of thousands of round thru them. I think they are doing ok.

Well, there you go. No sense doing the right thing if the clientele is willing to settle for less.

Last edited by Auldthymer on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:07 pm 
Crown Grade

twohigh wrote:

Bingo!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:51 pm 
Crown Grade

jusanothajoe wrote:
"Why not go to the Turkish gun section on I Love My..... You’ll probably get the support of your decisions you are looking for there. They can tell you about light strikes."

Wow, Support for my decisions ? Hahaha........ didn't even know I asked for that ?
I don't need yours or anyone's support for the way I spend MY money.
Why not move on to another thread ? You have nothing to add here.

I don’t understand your logic, but you are absolutely correct that no one has the right to tell you how to spend your money. Best of luck to you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Auldthymer wrote:
twohigh wrote:

Well, there you go. No sense doing the right thing if the clientele is willing to settle for less.

They will never sell me another Citori, mine is the worse POS I have ever owned, They had 5 chance to fix it, and failed miserably. I replaced it with a Tristar Hunter EX. They do make one hell of a semi-auto though, I do love my Maxus, and new A5 Sweet Sixteen.

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:00 pm 
Limited Edition

75 rounds through my SKB 28ga SxS today and not a single light primer strike.
I think the new hammer springs solved the problem.