ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Youtube has flagged my content as inappropriate for chil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jerrys wrote:
and after a further appeal and review, I got them to agree that the video does not violate youtube’s community standards.

Thank you for your efforts.

Guns aren’t bad.

People acting like fools with guns, are the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:53 am 
Field Grade

I hate liberal garbage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:42 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

gunwinger wrote:
I hate liberal garbage

What I despise the most about modern liberalism is their silent assault on novels like Huckleberry Finn.

Samuel Clemons’ masterpiece was intended to teach that slavery was wrong, by getting us to laugh.

They’ve even cancelled Laura Igliss Wilder’s Little House series and they are chipping away at getting Old Hickory off the twenty dollar bill.

It probably started with Dr. Suess.

It’s a long way down from under the spreading chestnut tree, where the village smithy stands, to I do not like green eggs, and ham.

The worst trouble is the liberals have no worthwhile culture to replace the old.

There can never be a Taylor Swift sings the songs of Patsy Cline album.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:50 am 
Presentation Grade

progressives are the new iconoclasts. Destruction for destruction’s sake.

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jerrys wrote:
progressives are the new iconoclasts. Destruction for destruction’s sake.

Without their dogged devotion to public education and social justice , they’d have no merits to mention.

Nobody really thought it would occur to so many people that the Trail of Tears was caused by the Hero of New Orleans.

Or how Harriet Tubman on the twenty dollar bill would give schoolteachers a wonderful lesson to teach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:06 am 
Diamond Grade

gunwinger wrote:
I hate liberal garbage

Unfortunately the pendulum hasn’t reached it’s farthest left swing yet. More public school indoctrination, more turning children against parents, more restrictions on rights. It’s beginning to look a lot like the old USSR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:43 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

EricB wrote:
gunwinger wrote:
I hate liberal garbage

Unfortunately the pendulum hasn’t reached it’s farthest left swing yet. More public school indoctrination, more turning children against parents, more restrictions on rights. It’s beginning to look a lot like the old USSR.

The Louvin Brothers had their classic hit “Don’t Let Them Take The Bible Out Of Our Schoolrooms” several years before Madeline Murray O’Hair won her case at the Supreme Court to forbid organized and teacher led school prayer in 1963.

Missouri schools, with their strong Campbellite presence on the State School Board, had forbid classroom Bible instruction probably a century before that.

Missouri has over 11,000 different Christian sects within sixty miles of Springfield. Any attempt to teach Christianity using the Bible in the classroom would be doomed to division, controversy and detract from learning. The kids could go to church on Sunday and school on Monday, instead.

But instead of Christ, we were taught Abraham Lincoln died, to set men free.

And today I’ll bet not one child in a hundred thousand knows that Collin Kelly II sacrificed his life so his crew could escape his burning B-17 after he’d sank a Japanese battleship in defense of the Philippines.

Liberals today would consider Colin Kelly II a warmonger, although Lincoln is still in no danger of being taken off the penny and the five dollar bill.

Our teachers need to teach the kids how Colin Kelly II died, that we might live free.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Censorship in the name of "the children" is not exclusive to one political ideology. Ever notice that you NEVER see anyone actually take a sip of beer in a beer commercial? This is a result of pressure from the Christian right, especially in the South where they still have dry counties. They don't want their kids to see people drinking (like they can't figure out what taste great, less filling means) Also, if you buy beer in my county the law says that it must be placed in a bag and not in public view as you exit the store supposedly so the children can't see it. When my parents were young there were similar restrictions on dancing and sales of cards and dice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:48 pm 
Diamond Grade

Nothing wrong with protecting children from evil.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ezra Smack wrote:
Censorship in the name of "the children" is not exclusive to one political ideology. Ever notice that you NEVER see anyone actually take a sip of beer in a beer commercial? This is a result of pressure from the Christian right, especially in the South where they still have dry counties. They don't want their kids to see people drinking (like they can't figure out what taste great, less filling means) Also, if you buy beer in my county the law says that it must be placed in a bag and not in public view as you exit the store supposedly so the children can't see it. When my parents were young there were similar restrictions on dancing and sales of cards and dice.

In gangster rap videos there are always scenes of fancy cars with lots of guns and jewelry but you will seldom see a young white woman dancing, or if you look close she’s Latino or mixed race.

I’ve heard that’s because the rap artists want to sell to black women, who object to black men with white girls in such videos.

Ah, for the good old days when men could say the girls at the office make better coffee on their hot plates, and their wives were sure to fix his coffee better, thanks to Folgers: