ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best Do It All Shotgun?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
This somehow says that I was the OP (?). Not exactly sure how that happened, but I`m not!

I think the person that started it bailed out and deleted all of his/her posts. Sorry if I’m leaving out a gender. Good thread though. Maybe you should take credit for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Tidefanatic wrote:
This somehow says that I was the OP (?). Not exactly sure how that happened, but I`m not!

Well, now you have a reason to buy a new gun :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Jump on the chance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:21 pm 
Diamond Grade

Remington 870 ESM (still plenty of used versions and some new in Walmart before stock is depleted) in 12 gauge capable of shooting 2.75", 3" and 3.5" shells. It is the Chevy 350 of shotguns with very little to go wrong. You can get choke tubes to shoot anything, barrels to shoot anything and stocks/fore-ends to mount anything.

Remember, nothing says get outta my house like cycling a pump shotgun. Just sayin'. :D

Attachment:
Resized_20201202_160539.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Here in Michigan magazine tubes when hunting are limited to a 2 shell capacity. So, in theory you could have one in the chamber and 2 in the tube for a 3 round capacity but most of us would never even consider carry a shotgun in the field with a loaded chamber. So from a practical standpoint the capacity for an "all around" shotgun is two shells. Opens up the consideration to both side by side and over/under shotguns. As I am getting just a bit aged I would be inclined so look to a side by side, because they are simple, reliable, and typically lighter than an over under. As for the shell spewers, I am just not the least bit interested in trying to find an ejected hull in tall grass.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:25 pm 
Crown Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:

Well, now you have a reason to buy a new gun :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Jump on the chance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdb

LOL!!! Somehow I don’t think that would get much traction!!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:27 pm 
Limited Edition

scooter123 wrote:
Here in Michigan magazine tubes when hunting are limited to a 2 shell capacity. So, in theory you could have one in the chamber and 2 in the tube for a 3 round capacity but most of us would never even consider carry a shotgun in the field with a loaded chamber. So from a practical standpoint the capacity for an "all around" shotgun is two shells. Opens up the consideration to both side by side and over/under shotguns. As I am getting just a bit aged I would be inclined so look to a side by side, because they are simple, reliable, and typically lighter than an over under. As for the shell spewers, I am just not the least bit interested in trying to find an ejected hull in tall grass.

So you load your gun in the field when it is time to take a shot? You walk around with a SxS with no shells in the chambers and load up when it is time to shoot? I'd like to hear more about how this works, hunting in the field with no shell the chamber or chambers.

I hunt over flushing dogs, I carry my 3 shooter with 1 in the chamber and 2 in the tube, with the safety on, the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, and my finger off the trigger.