ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: White Flyer just raised the price of targets 20%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

The price of targets from White Flyer went up 20% as of the first of the year. This is the third year in a row they have raised their prices. They have also raised the price of pallets, shipping, and handling.

Coupling that with the shortage in ammo and it is going to be more expensive to shoot this year.

Post subject: Re: White Flyer just raised the price of targets 20%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Great....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Don't kill the messenger-----I expect the price of ANYTHING shooting related to jump in price :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:09 pm 
Crown Grade

hoashooter wrote:
Don't kill the messenger-----I expect the price of ANYTHING shooting related to jump in price :evil:

You beat me to it. I`m not nor ever have been a conspiracy theorist, but I`ve never seen it so difficult to enjoy the shooting sports. I just hope that the vast majority of the issues are truly the result of the pandemic.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 pm 
Diamond Grade

I do know that almost everything has gone up in price since the virus became so prevalent. Even take out food has gone up.

Part of the problem with ammo is that 5,000,000 guns were sold in 2020 to mostly new gun owners. If each one of them just bought two boxes of shells that is 500,000,000 rounds that got bought up almost at once.

And as much as the ammo makers want to deny it, the price of all ammo from the manufacturers and wholesalers have all gone up starting 1-1-21.

The range I shoot at had orders in for over 1,000 cases of shotgun shells since July of last year. In September they were told that there would be no orders shipped till after the first of the year. So they just wanted to wait till they could charge more for it.

That is good old American capitalism. Why sell a flat of shells for 58 dollars in July when you can wait a few months and sell them for $70?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

moocher wrote:
I do know that almost everything has gone up in price since the virus became so prevalent. Even take out food has gone up.

Part of the problem with ammo is that 5,000,000 guns were sold in 2020 to mostly new gun owners. If each one of them just bought two boxes of shells that is 500,000,000 rounds that got bought up almost at once.

And as much as the ammo makers want to deny it, the price of all ammo from the manufacturers and wholesalers have all gone up starting 1-1-21.

The range I shoot at had orders in for over 1,000 cases of shotgun shells since July of last year. In September they were told that there would be no orders shipped till after the first of the year. So they just wanted to wait till they could charge more for it.

That is good old American capitalism. Why sell a flat of shells for 58 dollars in July when you can wait a few months and sell them for $70?

Since spring last year, Congress has borrowed and spent over four and a half trillion, with a “t” trillion dollars.

How much is that?

In inflation adjusted dollars, it’s more than what America spent to fight and win World War Two.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Since clay targets are strictly a want, and not a need, the buyers who want them have more money to buy them and will pay the increase.

To further this, the 20% extra is not going anyplace but right back into the economy, as well.

What happened in 1946 was the greatest prosperity this nation has ever seen before or since.

That happens, when people have over four trillion extra dollars to spend.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:42 am 
Presentation Grade

SuperXOne wrote:

To further this, the 20% extra is not going anyplace but right back into the economy, as well.

Right - at least most of the money spent on ammo and probably all of it spent on targets goes to American businesses and employees.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:17 am 
Crown Grade

Not targets but an ammo buy. https://www.messenger-inquirer.com/news/county-buying-55-000-worth-of-12-gauge-ammunition/article_860b8954-bb57-5803-be45-bd464a2738ab.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:02 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Win50 wrote:
SuperXOne wrote:

Right - at least most of the money spent on ammo and probably all of it spent on targets goes to American businesses and employees.

80 years ago the nation was coming out of the Depression, slowly.

Then the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and the government borrowed and spent about four trillion in today’s dollars. Every bullet, bomb, warship, and plane was a complete waste of resources, not worth anything but scrap by 1946.

But that four trillion primed the pump on the economy so that the next five years after the war saw the greatest prosperity America has ever known, so far.

Let’s hope history repeats itself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:21 am 
Crown Grade

albanygun wrote:

Now if the new gun club in Thomas County outside of Thomasville would do the same.................

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

Any money you spend goes into the economy eventually. The question for me is how much of that money will comes back to the regular people and not to the people who already have more money than they can spend.

Trump needs the 25th.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:08 pm 
Presentation Grade

Another spurious thread.
White Flyer targets did not go up 20%.
Real info from White Flyer posted on the other thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:12 pm 
Crown Grade

saskbooknut wrote:
Another spurious thread.
White Flyer targets did not go up 20%.
Real info from White Flyer posted on the other thread.

Exactly...

White Flyer wrote:
Dear Valued Customers,

White Flyer announced a price increase on certain products December 22, 2020. The price increase was not 20%. On average products increased about 5%. It’s important to note that standard orange top, orange dome and a few other pitch targets did not increase at all. White Flyer freight increased .15 per mile and pallets did not increase. Please contact your distributor for a price quote on your next shipment.

Please feel free to contact your regional White Flyer Sales Manager if you have any further questions. On behalf of the White Flyer Team, we wish you and your families a healthy New Year!

Thank you,

Robert Crow
National Sales Manager
White Flyer
Office: 410-778-7393
http://www.whiteflyer.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

And now for some basic economics. Inflation is not prices going up. It is an increase in the money supply. The more money they print the less a dollar will buy. Remember what a box of field loads cost when you were a kid? The same thing is happening with White Flyers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

On the bright side they do make nice targets: :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ezra Smack wrote:
And now for some basic economics. Inflation is not prices going up. It is an increase in the money supply. The more money they print the less a dollar will buy. Remember what a box of field loads cost when you were a kid? The same thing is happening with White Flyers.

One of our two local undertakers talked to us today.

Last year was the best year for the funeral business in our county’s history. He had 77 death calls and the other undertaker about the same, for over 150 deaths in a market that usually sees 110-20 like clockwork.

Of the last 17 funerals he’s had, 14 have been from COVID 19.

But, Covid 19 deaths are not high dollar funerals. He said the families usually only buy the cheapest caskets and demand of gravestones has fallen so much the monument companies have more or less doubled their prices to keep up margins.

I said wait a minute, you had a lot more deaths, and sold fewer tombstones?

The answer was, when somebody dies of Covid 19 the family must buy either a cremation or a cheap casket, but a tombstone can be postponed. What ones they do sell were the cheapest ones, anyway. The tombstone makers left the price of the expensive tombstones the same.

All my life I’ve believed money was worth what it was according to the supply of it.

But it seems money is actually worth what we will pay for something we want.

Eggs were a dollar apiece in the Klondike over a century ago.

Today my wife is buying up and pressure canning leg quarters for fifty cents a pound because there’s a glut of them on the market.

When this pandemic is over, we'll find out what a dollar is worth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:00 am 
Crown Grade

moocher wrote:
So they just wanted to wait till they could charge more for it.

Bovine excrement of the highest odor! :roll:

Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:03 am 
Crown Grade

Ezra Smack wrote:
Remember what a box of field loads cost when you were a kid?

I remember my first job paid around $3 per hour which was above the minimum wage at the time. I don't remember field loads being any more affordable when I was a kid. They were just lower priced and the money people had in their pocket to spend on them was also much less.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Keynes was wrong. Pump priming doesn't work to restart the economy. World wars are the way to get out of a recession.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:54 pm 
Crown Grade

seb7515 wrote:
Keynes was wrong. Pump priming doesn't work to restart the economy. World wars are the way to get out of a recession.

But only if you are the victor with the only large, fully operating economy remaining. Even then it takes a few years to get that ship moving and it can have problems later on as the new industrial nations begin to ramp up their production with what is often more modern and productive equipment.