ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SSP Methow lens kit with Rx insert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Anyone try the SSP Methow lens kit? In my constant search for reasonably priced shooting glasses with an Rx insert, I stumbled on these. The price seems good. The color variety is wide. As someone with a constantly changing prescription and limited budget, I'm tempted.

Post subject: Re: SSP Methow lens kit with Rx insert
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:37 pm 
Utility Grade

I just ordered them off Amazon. They have a purple frame set for $50 which is a lot less then retail. If I like them I am going to sand and paint the frames black. Also, you can buy the black frame for $25 on Amazon so it would be $75 for two frames and 6 lenses. A lot less then the list price. Once I get them I will let you know what I think about the frame and lenses. I am afraid they might be too big but that is what free returns are for. I may go with the RX insert too but will try contacts first. The other set I was looking at was the bertoni 4 lense kit with RX insert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:30 am 
Utility Grade

I got my Methow kit from Amazon and it seems to be a great set of glasses. Pretty easy to change lenses but you almost always get smudges on them in doing so. I was afraid they would be too big but they are not and the way they sit you don't see the top part of the frame. I tried 2 or 3 different lense and they all seemed nice but it was a cloudy day and I have never used Pilla's so I can not compare to the high end glasses. Amazon prices jump around on these sets so be warned. As I said I bought the purple set for $50 and now they are $75. I think unless you need the best of the best, these are a good set.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks Vandyajk
Since my original post, I ordered a 7 lens set with RX insert. The insert is currently being fit with my script. I think that the choice of colors will be sufficient for my needs as a recreational shooter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I haven't looked at the site yet. Did they fill the scrip for you or did you have someone else do it?

Jim