ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

Any truth in the rumor that Remington starts production on March 1st?

Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Guess we'll know in about a month, won't we?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'm not sure about the March opening. Last I read 200 prior employees 90% accepted the offer to go back to work and planned to open this month (February 2021). The new owner was supposedly in talks with the union even during production. It's very possible the reopening has been pushed out to March.

I have no idea what that's going to look like as far as a beginning production of what.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

You can hope it works, and I hope it does work. However, anytime a
union gets involved, my danger signal goes off. In the mean time I
sold all my V3 and 1100 guns. I still have my 3200, because it ain't
worth nothing to begin with, and my 2 870 wingmasters, which will
probably live forever and also aren't worth much anyhow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:08 pm 
Field Grade

I hope so but have doubts. I heard that Ruger won’t start making Marlins again until late this year and they have far more gun building savvy than the outfit that bought Remington.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ruger had to remove the tooling etc... from the Remington factory and then install it in their own factory. They may have been able to entice a few employees to move, but I doubt they relocated the entire workforce.

For Roundhill the tooling etc... remained in place and returning workers already are familiar with the process of making the guns.

All of that being said I do understand that the old owners left the factory floor short on parts and supplies. Roundhill will need to reestablish a supply chain. In some cases the old suppliers may not have been paid so they may be reticent to supply Roundhill on anything but a cash and carry basis, perhaps even requiring payment before the supplier even begins to produce the parts. This will handicap Roundhill, but I would expect that this won't be much of a surprise.

I hope Roundhill is able to pull it off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I hope they make a go of it, but I for one am not holding my breath :!: :!: :!: :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Dward wrote:

That’s what’s been reported.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

I thought they were running at about 10% already.

hey Joe.
i'll pay shipping for that worthless 3200 mine needs a couple of parts...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 pm 
Field Grade

JoeCool wrote:
You can hope it works, and I hope it does work. However, anytime a
union gets involved, my danger signal goes off. In the mean time I
sold all my V3 and 1100 guns. I still have my 3200, because it ain't
worth nothing to begin with, and my 2 870 wingmasters, which will
probably live forever and also aren't worth much anyhow.

Why sell them ?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:22 pm 
Field Grade

Road Man wrote:
Ruger had to remove the tooling etc... from the Remington factory and then install it in their own factory. They may have been able to entice a few employees to move, but I doubt they relocated the entire workforce.

For Roundhill the tooling etc... remained in place and returning workers already are familiar with the process of making the guns.

All of that being said I do understand that the old owners left the factory floor short on parts and supplies. Roundhill will need to reestablish a supply chain. In some cases the old suppliers may not have been paid so they may be reticent to supply Roundhill on anything but a cash and carry basis, perhaps even requiring payment before the supplier even begins to produce the parts. This will handicap Roundhill, but I would expect that this won't be much of a surprise.

I hope Roundhill is able to pull it off.

Tier 1 suppliers were paid and or are being paid.
Roundhill has deep pockets , most suppliers have perishable tooling and are ready to take orders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:37 am 
Crown Grade

Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
RemArms to Begin Production March 1:
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... on-march-1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:44 am 
Crown Grade

I believe I saw where they have the right to use the “ Remington “ brand name as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:10 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Dward wrote:

Not much. They have already lied about mythical start dates several times. "Phil Smith, UMWA director of communications and governmental affairs, said at the time that there had been no talks with Roundhill and that companies could not legally ask union members at a facility where there is a union contract to work without that contract as a condition of employment."

They are apparently getting sued before they ever start and have already been accused of perpetrating a fraud against the Federal court.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:38 am 
Presentation Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Dward wrote:

Not much. They have already lied about mythical start dates several times. "Phil Smith, UMWA director of communications and governmental affairs, said at the time that there had been no talks with Roundhill and that companies could not legally ask union members at a facility where there is a union contract to work without that contract as a condition of employment."

They are apparently getting sued before they ever start and have already been accused of perpetrating a fraud against the Federal court.

That kind of thing drives me nuts. Ilion is a fine place to live, but it's not exactly Silicon Valley. If I were a former Remington employee up there, with a mortgage and family ties and everything, I might be inclined to even take some cut in pay to get the operation going again and get re-employed. I'm sure there are other jobs for machinists and metalworkers and so forth, but the otherwise fairly modest labor market in the area is probably currently flooded with them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:10 am 
Crown Grade

https://www.timestelegram.com/story/new ... 602625002/

Our hopes are ... highly contingent on our negotiations with ...the state of New York ...

^This^ - any involvement of the State of NY Government Bureaucracy - is the rotten piece of fruit which spoil this whole deal, according to all our neighbors who’ve recently escaped out of NY and moved here. One, a former employee of the State of NY, put it bluntly: “Right now, the NY State Government is incapable of matching socks in a drawer, No Way they won’t screw this up, too

Personally, and eventually, I look for the whole shebang to be moved out of New York, to a more 2A friendly and less bureaucratic state (probably the reason the old Remington established a foothold down in NC, to begin with ...!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:55 am 
Crown Grade

thor_sen wrote:
https://www.timestelegram.com/story/news/2021/01/08/remington-arms-ilion-gets-federal-firearms-license/6602625002/

Our hopes are ... highly contingent on our negotiations with ...the state of New York ...

^This^ - any involvement of the State of NY Government Bureaucracy - is the rotten piece of fruit which spoil this whole deal, according to all our neighbors who’ve recently escaped out of NY and moved here. One, a former employee of the State of NY, put it bluntly: “Right now, the NY State Government is incapable of matching socks in a drawer, No Way they won’t screw this up, too

Personally, and eventually, I look for the whole shebang to be moved out of New York, to a more 2A friendly and less bureaucratic state (probably the reason the old Remington established a foothold down in NC, to begin with ...!)

It`ll be a tragedy if Roundhill ( RemArms ) somehow, after obtaining their FFL as they have, manage to marshall the resources ( human, materials, and capital ) , are stymied by political and governmental attitudes and rank incompetency. Those are potential well paying jobs for those people.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:26 am 
Crown Grade

Agreed. 100%. Saying a prayer ....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:10 am 
Diamond Grade

Roundhill is looking for incentive money and tax concessions from government - that would be the usual game plan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:32 am 
Field Grade

Weren’t some of their guns made elsewhere, Alabama maybe?