ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:31 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 350
If it were My company the only shotguns I would worry about making to begin with are the Versa Max and the V3 . the V3 in synthetic , walnut , and premier . make quality # 1 in every one shipped...... A 20 ga V3 is a no brainer. A change in the cam pin in the V3 bolt carrier should be an easy redesign to correct a problem some think doesn't exist.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 3082
.45colt wrote:
If it were My company the only shotguns I would worry about making to begin with are the Versa Max and the V3 . the V3 in synthetic , walnut , and premier . make quality # 1 in every one shipped...... A 20 ga V3 is a no brainer. A change in the cam pin in the V3 bolt carrier should be an easy redesign to correct a problem some think doesn't exist.


I could live with that. Both guns are/were well thought of and are of more " recent " designs. Sold well too. If the requests for a 20 V3 on SW was any sort of sampling, they would probably sell well also.

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:03 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
casonet wrote:
Why in the world would you start a new company making a gun that had no patent protection whatsoever with low margins in a high labor cost, high tax state especially when the used market is flooded with the same gun? I’m a former business man and I would hate to try to sell this to my banker with a straight face


Now you know why CZ, Ruger, Mossberg, S&W, Beretta, FN, and everyone else with successful expertise in the industry ran away at lightning speed from Ilion.

Soon after the "Roundhill" acquisition of RemArms, Richmond Italia's G.I. Sports screwed their suppliers to the tune of $29 million dollars. G.I. Sportz racked up more than $45 million of losses since the end of 2018.

Italia tried to bust up the union, using a "improper and most likely unlawful" rehire letter that changed employment terms to employment at will. This is the same Rich Italia that fecklessly claimed Remington would reopen in a matter of weeks back in October.

The sloppy RemArms website is bizarre. No pricing, no warranty, no customer service, featuring listings for mythical firearms that failed twice and will not be made again, like the R51. https://www.remarms.com/handguns/reming ... ington-r51

No engineering staff, no dealers, no orders, no customer service, and a defective website bursting with vaporware. It is impressive.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:06 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:06 am
Posts: 74
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Quote:
Now you know why CZ, Ruger, Mossberg, S&W, Beretta, FN, and everyone else with successful expertise in the industry ran away at lightning speed from Ilion.

Soon after the "Roundhill" acquisition of RemArms, Richmond Italia's G.I. Sports screwed their suppliers to the tune of $29 million dollars. G.I. Sportz racked up more than $45 million of losses since the end of 2018.

Italia tried to bust up the union, using a "improper and most likely unlawful" rehire letter that changed employment terms to employment at will. This is the same Rich Italia that fecklessly claimed Remington would reopen in a matter of weeks back in October.

The sloppy RemArms website is bizarre. No pricing, no warranty, no customer service, featuring listings for mythical firearms that failed twice and will not be made again, like the R51. https://www.remarms.com/handguns/reming ... ington-r51

No engineering staff, no dealers, no orders, no customer service, and a defective website bursting with vaporware. It is impressive.


No truer words were ever writ. I used to give Remington about a 10% chance of coming back. I'm down to 5% now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:24 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
REMDUCK870 wrote:
Mr. Wakeman, in reading your negative postings concerning the new Remington Arms website, I ask myself why you are seemingly silent about the old Remington website that now belongs to Vista?


Quite the contrary: Vista revamped the Remington Ammo website almost instantly after the acquisition and already has new Remington Ammo announced and listed, such as Remington HD.

http://app.bronto.com/public/viewmessag ... 282e989528

http://app.bronto.com/public/viewmessag ... e1283825f2

http://app.bronto.com/public/viewmessag ... 572eeb4b06

Vista didn't miss a beat integrating Remington Ammo into their system: a thoroughly professional and expeditious job. It was also a far more daunting project, with far more SKU's to work with, yet Vista snapped to it immediately.

Moreover, Vista started hiring vigorously, over 300 employees, last November: https://www.startribune.com/anoka-s-vis ... 573193001/ .

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:27 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
boray wrote:
Quote:
Now you know why CZ, Ruger, Mossberg, S&W, Beretta, FN, and everyone else with successful expertise in the industry ran away at lightning speed from Ilion.

Soon after the "Roundhill" acquisition of RemArms, Richmond Italia's G.I. Sports screwed their suppliers to the tune of $29 million dollars. G.I. Sportz racked up more than $45 million of losses since the end of 2018.

Italia tried to bust up the union, using a "improper and most likely unlawful" rehire letter that changed employment terms to employment at will. This is the same Rich Italia that fecklessly claimed Remington would reopen in a matter of weeks back in October.

The sloppy RemArms website is bizarre. No pricing, no warranty, no customer service, featuring listings for mythical firearms that failed twice and will not be made again, like the R51. https://www.remarms.com/handguns/reming ... ington-r51

No engineering staff, no dealers, no orders, no customer service, and a defective website bursting with vaporware. It is impressive.


No truer words were ever writ. I used to give Remington about a 10% chance of coming back. I'm down to 5% now.


Do I hear 2-1/2%? :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:07 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
casonet wrote:
I’m a former business man and I would hate to try to sell this to my banker with a straight face


RemArms is a valueless entity. They have no cash flow, no sales, no dealers, no product managers, no engineering department, much less any customer service or dealer support. "Unfortunately, the legacy building that we have in Ilion, based on four floors is just not ideal for manufacturing in today's age." So, the ideal scenario is to basically find and move into maybe retrofit another building that somebody had left behind or build new." - - Richmond Italia.

Puzzling comments from the CEO of RemArms, who doesn't like what he (they?) bought and apparently is in a bewildering search for a mysterious building that someone left behind. It is hard to make this up. In the hardware department, Marlin had value-- which is why Ruger grabbed it.

Vista Outdoor Inc. bought the Lonoke based ammunition business and other IP assets
Sierra Bullets LLC bought Barnes ammunition
Sturm, Ruger, & Co. bought Marlin firearms
JJE Capital Holdings LLC won DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. won Bushmaster brand and some related assets
Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. won the Tapco brands

"Roundhill" is the only non-firearms company (or entity) involved. What they got was the only part of Remington with a non-competitive line of products, a non-competitive facility, located in a non-competitive loudly anti-gun state.

RemArms wouldn't last five minutes on Shark Tank: it falls under "pre-revenue" and noninvestable.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:40 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 570
I thought the new owner was taking the company out of New York.

_________________
Do not allow the wonder of seeing a flying pig be overshadowed by the inevitable disappointment from the brevity of its flight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:46 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 3082
blarg wrote:
I thought the new owner was taking the company out of New York.


Maybe I missed it, and there`s plenty of people who think they should, but I`ve never seen that in print.

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:45 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
Jaspo01 wrote:
I wonder if Remington has a large stockpile of finished parts they can just assemble
into complete firearms on hand?
Maybe they don't need to forge or machine or mill anything for sometime to come.
Kind of like Winchester and the M12 after 1964.


No, they do not. What they have is public information, listed inventory posted prior to the public auction. The billion-dollar banks that became the owners of Remington quit paying their vendors a long time ago, and lack of parts and raw materials led to Remington's inability to produce. The bankruptcy litigation continues today, it is far from complete.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:03 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
S.davis wrote:
I'm not a businessperson, but it seems like hanging your hopes on producing the nicest, most expensive pump gun in production is a terrible, terrible idea. Ditto for the 1100, which is the gun everybody loves to say they "used to see people shoot".


When folks talk about "bringing back" certain models, such as the Premiers, Special Fields, and so forth they are ignoring why they were discontinued in the first place: that being lack of sales and profit and a general lack of interest. Bring back failed product makes no sense.

Lots of products did large numbers at one time, but times change. The VW Beetle sold over 23,000,000 units but that hardly makes it viable today. What was a great idea in 1950, the 870, isn't necessarily a fabulous idea in 2021.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:35 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Kentucky
Rooster booster wrote:
Discontinued doesn’t necessarily mean failed..........don’t be a drama queen.

Agreed, If the V3 is never made again I for one would not think of it as "failed" shotgun. The old Remington company perhaps, but not the V3 series of shotguns.

_________________
Cancer survivor since 2011


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4546
Location: Western Tampa, FL
Road Man wrote:
Agreed, If the V3 is never made again I for one would not think of it as "failed" shotgun. The old Remington company perhaps, but not the V3 series of shotguns.


{hs#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:38 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
RandyWakeman wrote:
When folks talk about "bringing back" certain models, such as the Premiers, Special Fields, and so forth they are ignoring why they were discontinued in the first place: that being lack of sales and profit and a general lack of interest. Bring back failed product makes no sense.

Lots of products did large numbers at one time, but times change. The VW Beetle sold over 23,000,000 units but that hardly makes it viable today. What was a great idea in 1950, the 870, isn't necessarily a fabulous idea in 2021.


The V3 wasn't mentioned at all. It is peculiar to try to inject it here.

Over the years I've heard the cry to "bring back" lots of things, from '69 GTO's to Automatic-Fives, Double Autos, Model 12's, and so it goes. The problem is, regardless of nostalgia, is that these items are not manufacture-able or generally desirable today to the vast majority of consumers.

So it goes with the Special Field and Premier models. They did not sell well, nor did the 1100 G3 . . . a fabulous commercial flop. The general consumer has spoken loud and on the matter. It is senseless to reattempt the launch of commercial failures. When the proof of concept screams that the concept is a loser, there is no rational reason to travel again down a losing path.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:32 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:15 am
Posts: 23271
Location: Knoxville, Tn area Nyuck, Nyuck
This is not the "snipe at Wakeman for his opinions" topic.
Please remember the posted rules for forum conduct.

_________________
if you love the ole USA https://youtu.be/f22JcsKmnYg If you were Military, enjoy

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 3082
RandyWakeman wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
When folks talk about "bringing back" certain models, such as the Premiers, Special Fields, and so forth they are ignoring why they were discontinued in the first place: that being lack of sales and profit and a general lack of interest. Bring back failed product makes no sense.

Lots of products did large numbers at one time, but times change. The VW Beetle sold over 23,000,000 units but that hardly makes it viable today. What was a great idea in 1950, the 870, isn't necessarily a fabulous idea in 2021.


The V3 wasn't mentioned at all. It is peculiar to try to inject it here.

Over the years I've heard the cry to "bring back" lots of things, from '69 GTO's to Automatic-Fives, Double Autos, Model 12's, and so it goes. The problem is, regardless of nostalgia, is that these items are not manufacture-able or generally desirable today to the vast majority of consumers.

So it goes with the Special Field and Premier models. They did not sell well, nor did the 1100 G3 . . . a fabulous commercial flop. The general consumer has spoken loud and on the matter. It is senseless to reattempt the launch of commercial failures. When the proof of concept screams that the concept is a loser, there is no rational reason to travel again down a losing path.


Can`t argue with that, there`s enough of an uphill climb as it is.

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:30 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8461
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
RandyWakeman wrote:
S.davis wrote:
I'm not a businessperson, but it seems like hanging your hopes on producing the nicest, most expensive pump gun in production is a terrible, terrible idea. Ditto for the 1100, which is the gun everybody loves to say they "used to see people shoot".


When folks talk about "bringing back" certain models, such as the Premiers, Special Fields, and so forth they are ignoring why they were discontinued in the first place: that being lack of sales and profit and a general lack of interest. Bring back failed product makes no sense.

Lots of products did large numbers at one time, but times change. The VW Beetle sold over 23,000,000 units but that hardly makes it viable today. What was a great idea in 1950, the 870, isn't necessarily a fabulous idea in 2021.


Dang, I agree with Randy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:53 am 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 pm
Posts: 1314
Location: Soda Springs, Id.
so what I'm gathering here is that Remington should come back as a low budget stamped sheet metal MIM internal gun maker?
or an importer of turkey's guns with their name on it?


you know,,,
Ruger bought a bunch of machinery with a name attached to it.
those machines could be making golf club heads or vacuum parts right now for all we know,, but they were the intrinsic value of the purchase.

Remington had no such real value like that, of course there is some type of machinery available but I doubt it was recently upgraded equipment like the Marlin machines were.

whomever bought out the Remington stuff is kind of stuck where they are making what they were making, unless the owners have a new idea or two for a new line of guns.
it wouldn't be easy to improve on making a lesser cost gun than a bolt gun made out of a tube of steel, it's already simplified to the lowest dollar production steps.
IMO the problem wasn't the production cost [other than labor] it was the consumer relations.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 3082
S.davis wrote:
fiver wrote:
IMO the problem wasn't the production cost [other than labor] it was the consumer relations.


That sure wasn't my understanding. Seemed like Remington was doing fine in consumer relations (and sales volume for that matter), but became the victim of financial mismanagement and vulture capitalism.


Yes, that was it. At least from my personal experience, Remington customer service was first rate right up to the end.

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remington rumor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:04 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 27181
Location: Plainfield, IL
blarg wrote:
I thought the new owner was taking the company out of New York.


Do you mean the folks at Roundhill? They are threatening not to open in Ilion.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Remin ... 01021.html



_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 2LegsBetter, 6142john, Air, AJ-M12, albanygun, amboy49, Arnie332, AWS, Bad English, BerettaEd, BigDeeeeeeee, Bing [Bot], birdhunter74, Blackdog56, boray, BPdiver, camhabib*, dannyd93140, dfw_bill, dolphin717, dpe2002, dukman22, Eric719, Fluke, Flyingtargets!, GE-Mini-gun, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, HenryVac, icyclefar, Jason Johnson, jeffreyk, Jim18611865, jlssd1, JonnyRocket, KRIEGHOFFK80, lossking, Lowbar83, lt0026, Majestic-12 [Bot], Manny Clothakis, marlin39, May, McFarmer, mikeydio, Misplaced Lead, MNNavy, mtalley11, Nomaspescado, Over-the-Hill, oyeme, pete blakeley, pintail_drake2004, Rack-N-Roy, Ravenanme, rdk36, Safetyfast, senoiaslim, SHughes, simslax, Snotrub, Steeler [Crawler], TazManiac, timps, Vandyajk, Watosh, Win50


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice