ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:08 pm
Posts: 2775
lettman wrote:
I purchased the A400 with KO. I tried both and the KO didn't bother me in regards to feeling springy or anything like that. It absolutely helps with felt recoil even though these are very soft shooting shotguns.


I was amazed at how many folks bought new A400s with KOs and came in wanting the LOP or pitch changed. That is a no go and they were totally unaware. Make sure it fits before you buy it.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:15 pm
Posts: 295
Yes, I tried out both shotguns before I plunked my money down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:55 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Houston, TX
I have really enjoyed the A400 Xtreme Plus. The KO is between the cheek pad and hand grip. The gun doesn’t feel springy while shooting. There are limited LOP adjustments, it comes with a 1/2 in spacer installed and a 1 in spacer in the box. It’s not a traditionally beautiful gun but it sure is pleasant to shoot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:20 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
drawdc wrote:
lettman wrote:
I purchased the A400 with KO. I tried both and the KO didn't bother me in regards to feeling springy or anything like that. It absolutely helps with felt recoil even though these are very soft shooting shotguns.


I was amazed at how many folks bought new A400s with KOs and came in wanting the LOP or pitch changed. That is a no go and they were totally unaware. Make sure it fits before you buy it.


You can change LOP and cast/drop using the shims and spacers, but yes, not as adjustable as a say a solid wood stock you could cut, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:55 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:08 pm
Posts: 2775
MNGunner wrote:
drawdc wrote:
lettman wrote:
I purchased the A400 with KO. I tried both and the KO didn't bother me in regards to feeling springy or anything like that. It absolutely helps with felt recoil even though these are very soft shooting shotguns.


I was amazed at how many folks bought new A400s with KOs and came in wanting the LOP or pitch changed. That is a no go and they were totally unaware. Make sure it fits before you buy it.


You can change LOP and cast/drop using the shims and spacers, but yes, not as adjustable as a say a solid wood stock you could cut, etc.


I forget now how much you can change the LOP with a shim, but not much. You can’t reduce it. Shims change the cast or drop, but you can’t change the pitch of butt in relationship to the stock. If the gun fits, great. I’ve seen a lot of folks caught off guard by this. The recoil from the A400 is pretty mild. The point is that if you don’t really need the KO, you should probably not buy it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:42 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
drawdc wrote:

The point is that if you don’t really need the KO, you should probably not buy it.


I agree. Also sound advice for just about anything--don't buy it if you don't need it. I bought my skinny, 16 year old son the A400 Xtreme with KO as a waterfowl gun (we hunt Giant Canadas up here with 3.5" shells). The recoil reduction also couldn't hurt for trap either (it has insanely low recoil with light target loads)

That said, if I got my own for upland hunting or solely for shooting light target loads, I probably would not get the KO version. But that's also because I like the look of a traditional stock


Last edited by MNGunner on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:15 pm
Posts: 295
I think anything you can do to eliminate recoil and stay on target is a positive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:44 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:08 pm
Posts: 2775
lettman wrote:
I think anything you can do to eliminate recoil and stay on target is a positive.


And proper fit is the single most important element in recoil reduction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:41 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8464
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
drawdc wrote:
lettman wrote:
I think anything you can do to eliminate recoil and stay on target is a positive.


And proper fit is the single most important element in recoil reduction.


And a KickOff!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking to add a Beretta Semi
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 205
I forget now how much you can change the LOP with a shim, but not much. You can’t reduce it. Shims change the cast or drop, but you can’t change the pitch of butt in relationship to the stock. If the gun fits, great. I’ve seen a lot of folks caught off guard by this. The recoil from the A400 is pretty mild. The point is that if you don’t really need the KO, you should probably not buy it.[/quote]

Say what? You are mixing terms here and providing inaccurate information. The "shims" change drop and cast, not pitch or LOP, and actually provide a lot of range, 50mm to 65mm. The LOP can be changed by simply using thicker or thinner Beretta or aftermarket pre-fit recoil pads and spacers - the A400's come from the factory with the Beretta 0.79" pad and the 60MM right-hand shim installed, but you can go down to as little as a 0.39" pad if you want to shorten the LOP, which is a considerable adjustment paired with changing out the shims to change the drop. I'm not aware of any factory semi-autos that come with a pitch adjustment, although you can buy aftermarket units.

If you are going to shoot a lot, the KO is a valuable addition.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], cowpoke, Gazvic, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jager1, Nomaspescado, skeetsit, strato-caster, SuperXOne, tray999, tschlemm, Upland Quest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice