ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Starting a new post in Classifieds Sub-Forum?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

How do you list an item for sale in the "Classifieds" sub-forum? (Not the "Other Classifieds" forum). When I go to the Classifieds Forum there is no "New Topic" to click on to start a thread as there are in all the other forums, yet there are new topics posted.

Post subject: Re: Starting a new post in Classifieds Sub-Forum?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:40 pm 
Limited Edition

When I look in all the classified sub-forums there is a new topic button right below the title ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:24 pm 

Wild Skies wrote:
How do you list an item for sale in the "Classifieds" sub-forum? (Not the "Other Classifieds" forum). When I go to the Classifieds Forum there is no "New Topic" to click on to start a thread as there are in all the other forums, yet there are new topics posted.

Each Classified section is the same as the one in the photo below. Look in the red circle which I added to be helpful.

Be sure that you read all the rules at the top of each section so I don't have to be the bad guy and fuss at you.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:19 am 
Presentation Grade

Curly N wrote:
Wild Skies wrote:

Each Classified section is the same as the one in the photo below. Look in the red circle which I added to be helpful.

Be sure that you read all the rules at the top of each section so I don't have to be the bad guy and fuss at you.

What you have so generously shown by circling CurlyN, is indeed there on all sub-forums in the "Classifieds" section as well as all the other forums such as the one we're in at the moment. But, the "New Topic" button is not shown on just the "Classifieds" only forum (as opposed to the sub-forum "Semi-auto Shotguns Classifieds" that you have shown -- at least on my screens. Yet there are new items posted there with some posted today 2/20/2021, how did these posts get there?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:54 am 
Diamond Grade

It's there for me as a couple minutes ago.

Attachment:
SGW.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:30 pm 

Wild Skies wrote:
Curly N wrote:
Wild Skies wrote:

What you have so generously shown by circling CurlyN, is indeed there on all sub-forums in the "Classifieds" section as well as all the other forums such as the one we're in at the moment. But, the "New Topic" button is not shown on just the "Classifieds" only forum (as opposed to the sub-forum "Semi-auto Shotguns Classifieds" that you have shown -- at least on my screens. Yet there are new items posted there with some posted today 2/20/2021, how did these posts get there?

And what I am showing in this photo below is that clicking on The Classified section, takes you to the header for the list of Classified Forums and the list of active topics that are busy in the list of forums below. If you want to have something appear(Maybe) in the active list, you must post in one of the Classified forums listed below the "Active topics" and if it gets some traction, it might make the "Active Topics" list.
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=143
The stuff on this page that is new simply means that it earned a spot there by being active just before you got there.
If this does not answer your question, maybe I am too stupid to understand the question.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thank you for that last response CurlyN. You actually showed brilliance in your ability to understand my stupid question and thank you for not putting me down and making me feel less-than-brilliant! {hs# I was hoping that the screaming deal for the 28ga. P-W 800B reloader that I posted in the "Other Classifieds" sub-forum would see more action in the "Classifieds" only section, but apparently hasn't received enough traction to do so.