ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AMMO ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:37 am 
Presentation Grade

OK WHERE"S THE AMMO ? CALLED ALL AROUND - CHECKED WEBSITES - NO ONE HAS ANY ---- ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

Post subject: Re: AMMO ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:09 am 
Limited Edition

WOOD DUCK wrote:
OK WHERE"S THE AMMO ? CALLED ALL AROUND - CHECKED WEBSITES - NO ONE HAS ANY ---- ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

Some stores keep getting ammo in, you just have to catch it before it sells out. Some stores have limits on the amounts you can buy, some do not. Prices have about doubled at some stores if they get it in stock.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:30 am 
Presentation Grade

You can buy all you want on Gunbroker ,it is very expensive though. https://www.gunbroker.com/Ammunition/search?s=p

Bobcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:43 am 
Limited Edition

I've ordered directly from Federal and it actually was at my door in 7 days (retailers are not happy that Federal is offering this!). You do need to check often though, I've seen stock disappear

Other than that, it's like toilet paper. It will be back...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:26 am 
Field Grade

If you’re currently behind on the ammunition curve it will be very hard to catch up anytime soon. I was lucky in that I already had a good amount when all this started. Many friends are not so lucky, they’re scrounging shells as they can find them for practice and tournaments.

Last edited by Flyingtargets! on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

Gentlemen,

So far I have had no real problem ordering my Grouse hunting shells from Lion Country Supply. Now however you must call the store to order shells, I do not know why there is no more on line ordering from them. Shells are delivered right to my front door, at my log cabin in the back woods of Potter County, Pa or my home in Murrysville. Recently ordered a mixed case of RST & Poly SpredR's, no problem.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:35 pm 
Crown Grade

One of our shooters,said they were waiting for Sportsmans Wharehouse to open along with 25 people
in line and there was nothing,but a few bags of wads and for primers only for 50 cal.No shells, shot,
powder,or primers.I am afraid this is going to be going on for a long time,To come?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

I saw a guy at Walmart last week basically running to the ammo section when the store opened. I was the first in line, he was the second. He beat me by a few minutes and of course nothing was there and he said he comes everyday and rarely sees any. Not sure when they stock it if they get it but it obviously is not overnight.

As for gunbroker, I was bidding on some but gave up. It is just going up way too high and people are really desperate to pay triple retail.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:14 pm 
Limited Edition

I took my guns out of the safe and put my ammo in them. Ammo is worth more than my guns :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

floridaford wrote:
I took my guns out of the safe and put my ammo in them. Ammo is worth more than my guns :shock:

True statement, a gun without ammo is nothing more than a club :!: :!: :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:38 pm 
Limited Edition

floridaford wrote:

I have over 4000 rds of shotgun ammo and plenty of rds for my rifles and pistols. Also enough supplies to reload another 2000 shotgun shells if I can find hulls. I'm content to wait this out for a year or so and see what happens. If things are the same this time next year I'll just buy another boat and go back to fishing. Where I live here in Florida I can be in the Gulf of Mexico in less than an hour.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:17 am 
Field Grade

With the exception of primers, I haven't had to much trouble finding ammo, or reloading supplies.
I have a "circuit" of a 1/2 dozen gun stores that I'll make and see what they have that I, or friends, need.
Trying to call these places is difficult right now. They are very busy ,and just don't have the time to detail their entire ammo inventory over the phone a hundred times a day. It sucks for them, as anyone running a brick and mortar store knows that customer service starts on the phone, but their shops are full of people non stop.
You're going to have to get in the car and drive, and be ready. Don't try looking for "deals", because there really aren't any. If they have what you think you need, be ready to buy it on the spot.
Hopefully this all starts to subside soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

VizslaHunter wrote:
With the exception of primers, I haven't had to much trouble finding ammo, or reloading supplies.
I have a "circuit" of a 1/2 dozen gun stores that I'll make and see what they have that I, or friends, need.
Trying to call these places is difficult right now. They are very busy ,and just don't have the time to detail their entire ammo inventory over the phone a hundred times a day. It sucks for them, as anyone running a brick and mortar store knows that customer service starts on the phone, but their shops are full of people non stop.
You're going to have to get in the car and drive, and be ready. Don't try looking for "deals", because there really aren't any. If they have what you think you need, be ready to buy it on the spot.
Hopefully this all starts to subside soon.

When prices get high enough, it will :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Bobcat Welding wrote:
You can buy all you want on Gunbroker ,it is very expensive though. https://www.gunbroker.com/Ammunition/search?s=p

Bobcat

There is a lot of ammo there but who is paying those prices?

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:51 am 
Crown Grade

Somebody is because it isn't just asking price, some of these are actually completed auctions.

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Our local store has Winchester 12 ga light target shells for $64.99 a flat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have found that in my recent excursions to Academy, Wall-Mart and local gun shops that common field loads are about the only thing left. This may not last though as shot shells use a lot of lead and powder when compared to the much higher demand 9MM and 5.56 rounds. Ammo manufacturers may divert recourses, lead a chemicals, to high demand, high profit rounds especially now in the dead of winter when not too many people are shooting skeet but the Democrats are on the verge of passing draconian new gun control laws.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The indoor range I go to has a sign on the door, NO 9mm, 22, 45ACP, 380ACP, 38 Spl, 357 Mag. The wife and I were the only ones using the range the last 2 times we have been there.

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:00 pm 
Crown Grade

floridaford wrote:
floridaford wrote:

I have over 4000 rds of shotgun ammo and plenty of rds for my rifles and pistols. Also enough supplies to reload another 2000 shotgun shells if I can find hulls. I'm content to wait this out for a year or so and see what happens. If things are the same this time next year I'll just buy another boat and go back to fishing. Where I live here in Florida I can be in the Gulf of Mexico in less than an hour.

I mentioned the same thing to my wife and got the raised eyebrow..............when I switched it to travel trailer, the eyebrow went back to normal. Between factory and components, I am good for a year, especially now where I live there are very few shoots; it is easier for me to go thew GA State in Savannah than to go to the FL State at Okeechobee

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:27 am 
Crown Grade

xsshooter wrote:
Somebody is because it isn't just asking price, some of these are actually completed auctions.

I am not sure what concerns me more...that there are people and its quite a few so desperate to pay 2.5-3 times normal price on target ammo or that there are people and again quite a few that are taking advantage of the situation.

I know some will argue that its just smart business but it just feels wrong to me.

I personally am fortunate to have enough ammo inventory to shoot all I want in 2021 between reloads, unused reloading materials and factory ammo. If I didn't, I would cut back shooting activity before paying excessive prices for ammo. And I love to shoot.

As far as prices increasing on legit retail activity on target ammo...say $1-2 a box, I would fully expect that. Every business has taken on significant new costs due to the pandemic. Protocols, overtime to cover for staff in quarantine plus accelerated materils cost and logistics are hitting all business. Manufacturing, retail and service providers. The $1-2 increase on our ammo could stick for quite some time.

Beretta A400 20 Gauge

NSCA 602398