ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning cynergy feedback
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

Need some feedback I'm looking at a few Browning 12 ga O/U 's. Will use for Skeet and Sporting clays

I saw the following Cynergy Sporting - wood furniture - 30" Ported barrels etc nice enough gun Felt very neutral when shouldered I'm lefty with long guns
The Cynergy brings a different overall approach vs the 725 sporter that's the other gun I was looking at. Happens to be LH as well.
Cynergy is $1000 less than the 725. Gives me a reason to pause and think .

I do have a Beretta silver pigeon , good gun just looking for a second o/u

Thanks for any opinions & feedback

Post subject: Re: Browning cynergy feedback
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

In my opinion the Cynergy is the best O/U that Browning sells. I much prefer it over a Citori. I had a Classic Sporting and my son in wanted it so bad that I gave it to him. The only downside is heavy triggers and those holes in the barrel that they call ports.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

I agree with casonet. When I bought a Cynergy Classic Field (12ga) years ago, I liked it so much I gave my old Citori to one of my sons...and then also picked up a Cynergy Classic Field in 20ga.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:30 pm 
Diamond Grade

Cynergy is barrel heavy 725 neutral balance .
725 better trigger. At least one the ones I had.
Cynergy had better chokes.
Yes 725 more $$$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Appreciate info , I found the synthetic stock was really not balanced - barrel heavy !!

The wood stock Sporting seams better balanced . Not a fan of the ported barrels , harder to clean and noisier but they look cool. Lol. The 725 has porting as well so that's a push

The dealer had a few options. Synthetic Cynergy. ($ 1475 ) , the wood Sporting Cynergy (($1950)
A "Blued receiver " 725 Sporting ($2500) and a regular receiver 725 Sporting LH ($2950)

Ruled the synthetic out , took the blued 725 out figuring may as well go for the LH 725 at that point
But The Cynergy Sporting was appealing and price was very reasonable

Have a concern about the POI being 60/40 but I imagine it's just getting used to that . Who knows it might be a good thing .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I had a Cynergy Classic, my oldest son loved it, it is now in Washington State, :( :( I really liked that gun.

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

When the Cynergy was introduced in was more expensive than the Citori. Then, after a few years of disappointing sales, the price was lowered dramatically. In my opinion, the radical styling of the Cynergy did not appeal to a lot of traditional shooters and they didn’t sell. Had it been styled more like the Citori, then the story might have been different.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:36 pm 
Diamond Grade

Agree. I’ve been looking, but not real hard, for a classic cynergy sporting. Put the classic stock back on and keep the same price point and I’d bet sales would go up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:33 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have three Cynergy's, a field, Euro-Sporting and Cynergy CX. I shoot the CX right now. I am also a lefty and appreciate no cast and no palm swell. I do have an adjustable comb however.

I got the CX when I needed new springs and pins in the Euro-Cynergy. I like them both and they feel pretty much identical. I think the Cynergy CX is a great deal. Classic Sporting, even used, is still a little pricy.

One downside, when I got the work done on the Euro-Cynergy I spoke with a couple gunsmiths that really did not like working on Cynergy's.

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:19 am 
Tournament Grade

I owned a Cynergy Sporting with 32" barrels and as others mentioned it was barrel heavy. I had a gunsmith friend add weight to the stock to balance it out. The gun swung nicely but I just didn't care for the overall feel of the shotgun. I ended up purchasing a Beretta Silver Pigeon and for me it just works with no frills and no fuss. It's the Honda Accord of sporting clay shotguns, it just runs forever with no issues.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:01 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mfm22 wrote:
Need some feedback

I still own this Euro Field -- and it remains a remarkably soft shooter.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:07 am 
Tournament Grade

So in summation - it's a good gun ...

Randy I think I've watched that video a dozen times lol ... I'm hoping the recoil is as you say . No need to have a shoulder buster .. Been trying to find 7/8 loads when available .
Not sure why the gun would be softer shooting ? Is the inertia directed differently than lets say Beretta silver pigeon ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:32 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

This is what I wrote 11 years ago:

The hingelock O/U has been tried before, but not with particularly good results. One example is the smallish hinge found on the TOZ 34. An upscale, rarely seen treatment is the Swedish Caprinus with patents from 1982, later known as the Flodman. The stainless steel Flodman with its lever-cocking action remains a scarcely known, pricey piece of exotica. The Cynergy, formerly code-named “Shiek” was designed by Dwight Potter and introduced in 2004.

The Cynergy was and is a remarkable shotgun. Over and over many folks have come to the same conclusion, that being the Cynergy is either the softest-shooting O/U shotgun they have ever tried, or the first and only O/U they have ever used that they really enjoy shooting. The Cynergy Field has been given upgraded wood and engraving along with Browning's Vector Pro lengthened forcing cones in both twelve and twenty gauge. The distinctive monolock hinge isn't going to look like Grandpa's shotgun, but Browning has softened the blow to the stiffer shotgunners with the Cynergy Classic Field models still offering the Inflex recoil pad versions for those that value function over tradition. The great accomplishment of the Cynergy is its low-profile action, the cornerstone of the stackbarrel premise. It is the quick second shot that sets the O/U apart, as noted by Don Zutz and others. The Cynergy explores this to the greatest degree possible and in so doing sets itself well apart from standard stackbarrel fare. The Browning Cynergy is breath of fresh air in a starchy environment and if you've not pulled the trigger on a Cynergy, you owe it to yourself to do so. The Cynergy has a jewel of an action, making many others look like stale renditions of a tired old theme. It is a wondrously pleasant-shooting shotgun.

What makes it soft-shooting is its ample weight (in 12 gauge / steel receiver configuration), generous recoil pad, and extremely low-profile action.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:00 pm 
Field Grade

I can vouch for the light recoil. I have a 20 gauge Euro Field that I took to Argentina as a backup for my 20 gas autoloader. I found less recoil with the Cynergy than the gas autoloader so I used it for the entire time, thousands of shells. Never had a sore shoulder or anything else to complain about. And I hit doves a lot better than I now do in the North Carolina dove fields. Aging eyesight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

A skeet shooting friend had a Cynergy 20 ga. I have the 725 Sporting 20 ga. We swapped guns for a couple stations. I didn't like the way the Cynergy handled at all. One month later my friend had a new 725 20 ga. Sporting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:39 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mfm22 wrote:
Need some feedback I'm looking at a few Browning 12 ga O/U 's. Will use for Skeet and Sporting clays

Someone will probably drag it off-topic to 20 gauges. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

If it fits, then it's a great gun. Personally, it doesn't fit me at all, and I know several others who had the same issue. I had to drive my head uncomfortably into the gun to get it to shoot where I was looking. But that's why they make different models for different faces.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

decided to look for a true LH stock gun one that has a real cast on stock . may as well get an adjustable comb