ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Any more availability of shells in your area?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:06 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I miss the Big 8 and the Sooner/Cornhusker games. The Big 8 screwed up when they allowed Texas to join. Nebraska should have never joined the Big 10 .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I totally agree. Back in those days they called us “The Big 2 and the little 6”.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:04 pm 
Presentation Grade

Walmart had 12 4-packs of 20 gauge, so I picked up two 4-packs for a customer at the range. Zero 12 gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:25 pm 
Utility Grade

I stop at my Walmart every Sunday morning. Winchester AA .410 and 28 gauge are always in abundance. However last Sunday the gal behind the register said they had a limit of 3 boxes/day. The .410 were $9.87/box. The 28 gauge were 4 boxes of 25 packed in a large box for $39. I asked the gal if I could buy three of those and she said, "Sure!" So I ended up with 12 boxes 0f Winchester AA for under $10/box!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Walmart had 4, 4pks of Federal 20ga ,71/2 shot @ $22.75 per 4 pkg, and one 4pkg of Winchester at the same price. Nothing else.
Cabelas had a few AA 28ga @ $13.00 and some expensive hunting loads. No target loads in 12,20, and .410

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Stopped at the local Meijer and they had 16 boxes of Winchester AA marked 9.99. I asked for the attendant to open the display, so that I could buy shells. He opened the glass, got out one box of shells and closed it back up. I asked if he knew about shooting Sporting Clays and that I wanted to buy 4 boxes.. He looked at me like I was crazy needing that much ammunition.

When he rang the shells up, they rang up for 11.99... (still cheap, because a week ago, I had bought a flat for $145 at auction. )... I explained that they were marked $9.99 and that's what I would pay. He explained that he could NOT adjust the price because it was Ammunition. He explained that it was the same "no adjustment policy" as alcohol.

So... I decided that I didn't need the two practice rounds before our local tournament in a few weeks.

When I see them again, I'll probably buy some... but I didn't want to deal with the local Meijer store any longer that evening.

Maggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:58 am 
Limited Edition

Went to Wall-Mart today. they had a few Winchester universal 4 pks for $22.00 , they had 25 boxes of AA trap loads @ $ 7.49. I don't need any so I left them for the other Guy. I have to give Wall-mart credit for not jacking up the price. the local farm store had AA's last week for $12.50 a box.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:46 am 
Field Grade

Stopped by the local Wally-CCP Mart yesterday after the NSCA shoot and much to my surprise they had Win. AA in both light and thumper. Two of the guys that work that department said theyve actually been getting in quite a bit of the 100 packs and AA. Looks like things may finally be getting better bullet wise.......... I hope.