ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any more availability of shells in your area?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:37 pm 
Crown Grade

My problem is that if anybody needs the practice for the field, it’s yours truly. Problem is......

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Specklebelly wrote:
Halwg wrote:
No.

Yes

This one guy took all the shells that dozens of others could have had some themselves. It is just selfish. $1900 worth at $22 a box is roughly 86 boxes. Four boxes a person would be roughly 22 people that get to shoot a morning at the range instead of this one guy.

I am not trying to get in an internet argument with you but this is why nothing is there every time people go to buy some. Exact same thing with toilet paper last spring.

{hs#

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:37 pm 
Field Grade

Shot at Orvis shooting grounds today. They would only sell 4 boxes for 100 round of clays.
AAs at $11.00 a box.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:30 pm 
Diamond Grade

I haven't even bothered to look at all in the past year, what's the point?
When CA decided to require a background check for ammo purchases, I started reloading again.
I'm glad I stocked up on components when i could.
There was a night shoot last night, our group had the course nearly all to ourselves, we all reload.

Sad state of affairs right now...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:47 pm 
Limited Edition

I’ve cut back tremendously on my shooting until ammo becomes more available. I’m not going to pay a ridiculous amount of money to practice or compete.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:01 pm 
Limited Edition

No more availability up here

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

All we can get here in NW Tennessee is steel and the expensive Turkey loads..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm 
Utility Grade

My Wal-Mart here in SW TN. has been getting quite a few four packs in. Winchester Universal and Federal Top Gun, I hope this is a sign that things may be getting back to normal...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

seen a lot of win promo stuff and some top gun hulls on the ground today.
I'm kind of enjoying the shortage myself, I been getting quite a number of AA and STS hulls recently.
I hear that's about to change shortly since Fiocchi shells are about to [supposed to in about 3 weeks] fill a lot of the void in this area,
not sure I even wanna pick those up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:11 am 
Tournament Grade

fiver wrote:
seen a lot of win promo stuff and some top gun hulls on the ground today.
I'm kind of enjoying the shortage myself, I been getting quite a number of AA and STS hulls recently.
I hear that's about to change shortly since Fiocchi shells are about to [supposed to in about 3 weeks] fill a lot of the void in this area,

not sure I even wanna pick those up.

If this is true, then good on Fiocchi. It would seem that there is a tremendous opportunity for whoever can fill the ammo void.

I've seen Rio's, Fiocchi and Challengers being sold at the range for $9-$10 a box, which seems acceptable given the current market conditions. But they will only sell you three or four boxes and will not sell you any to take with you.

I reload, so I'm safe from the madness for now. But if a friend wants to shoot with me, he's on his own cause I'm not sharing my reloads! :lol:

Browning Citori 725 Sporting
Tristar Viper G2 Sporting
Tristar Sporting O/U (aka Turkish Junk)
MEC 9000 to reload

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:24 am 
Crown Grade

Specklebelly wrote:
railroad wrote:
A member?/guy walked into the gun club yesterday. In short, he walked into his Walmart, had 4 pack of 12 gauge, $22 and change, said he bought $1900.00 worth.

That is the reason we have this problem.

You are confusing a symptom with the cause.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I reload and have enough supplies to load maybe 16 flats of 12ga . But when those are gone who knows? I shoot a lot of skeet and enjoy the .410. I have one flat for that.
Two people have told me they have to cancel their high school trap team and the 4-H program due to no ammo.
I collected thousands of hulls for sale while in Arizona and worried that no one would be buying this year but business was good so reloaders must have what they need.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

DEG wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:
railroad wrote:
A member?/guy walked into the gun club yesterday. In short, he walked into his Walmart, had 4 pack of 12 gauge, $22 and change, said he bought $1900.00 worth.

That is the reason we have this problem.

You are confusing a symptom with the cause.

Whatever the cause, the end result is pretty much the same.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:51 am 
Utility Grade

I think Wallmart should have

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm 
Diamond Grade

Specklebelly wrote:
Halwg wrote:
No.

Yes

This one guy took all the shells that dozens of others could have had some themselves. It is just selfish. $1900 worth at $22 a box is roughly 86 boxes. Four boxes a person would be roughly 22 people that get to shoot a morning at the range instead of this one guy.

I am not trying to get in an internet argument with you but this is why nothing is there every time people go to buy some. Exact same thing with toilet paper last spring.

Agree. The guy should've been boo'd off the club property. He has no regard for others and actually bragged about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Wal Marts around here are getting some Winchester and Federal promo shells fairly regularly. However, they go quickly.

(These are my dogs, not shotguns) :)

NSCA # 517xxx (since 9/7/94)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I had some success today looking for 20ga and .410. Cabelas had nothing,one local gunshop had nothing. Another local gun shop had 28 boxes of 20 ga, which i bought , but no .410. Another small shop in a town 40 miles away had 2 boxes of 20, 1000 Fiocchi primers and 1 lb of powder and a terrible price on .410 ($20/box) which I passed on.
I reload 28 and 12 and have enough components for a while.
Skeet shooting will continue :D
The local shops said it would no good to special order as they already had tons on order.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

I heard a story yesterday that came from a manager at a farm supply store. They get ammo in a couple times a week. No rhyme or reason to amount or type of ammo. They have people who cruise the store every morning looking for ammo. They have had customers follow employees into the backroom asking where the ammo is in the backroom. They have a 2 box limit per day. Customers have taken to hiding ammo in the store to come back and purchase another day. I guess they keep finding ammo hidden around the store.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:34 pm 
Field Grade

I have 4 presses in the basement so I can load 410, 28, 20 and 12. Problem is the 410 and 28 gauge, added tubes for these calibers this year and the only source for hulls is purchased new ammunition. Did manage to pick 2 flats of 28 gauge when I purchase the presses but 410 was not available. As a result I'm now paying 16 dollars a box for 410 and that does hurt, especially when I can reload 410 for about 3.55 per box. Going forward I expect that we won't ever see 12 gauge target shells selling for 4.95 per box so I expect that reloading all of the calibers will be less expensive that buying. I've also found that 3/4 ounce 20's and 7/8 ounce 12's do just fine on the Skeet field so that's another penny or to squeezed out by reloading.

Anyhow just like everyone else posting in this thread I look forward to the day when we actually see flats of ammo sitting on the shelves of the stores. Went in to a local Cabela's and a greeter was very happy to tell me that if I signed up for the "Club" I would be able to purchase 8 boxes of ammo instead of just 5. I said to the lady, "that would be great but I don't think you have 5 boxes of anything in this entire store". Took a look at the ammo section and found that was an accurate statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:14 am 
Presentation Grade

oyeme wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:
Halwg wrote:
No.

Yes

{hs#

I think you guys misunderstood the comment by Halwg. The original question was "Any more availability of shells in your area?" It was a simple and straight answer ---No----

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next