ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any more availability of shells in your area?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:37 am 
Presentation Grade

My local Wally World had a large number of the Federal four boxes this morning. Probably 50 or so on the shelves. Nice to finally see but will be gone in an hour I am sure.

I am back in an hour to see if they are still there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:00 am 
Limited Edition

My wallmart had about 12 boxes of SuperX steel 1oz this morning at 7:30 Am.$5.50 a box. the local Family Farms & Home store had the same yesterday in 4 packs for $40.00. they also had AA Trap loads in 4 packs for $49.99. :evil: . I hope people have brains enough not to pay those kind of prices. the farm store keep ammo locked up 1 box per day.
I'm going to try to hit Wallmart every morning just to see what's up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hal4son wrote:
oyeme wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:
Halwg wrote:
No.

Yes

This one guy took all the shells that dozens of others could have had some themselves. It is just selfish. $1900 worth at $22 a box is roughly 86 boxes. Four boxes a person would be roughly 22 people that get to shoot a morning at the range instead of this one guy.

I am not trying to get in an internet argument with you but this is why nothing is there every time people go to buy some. Exact same thing with toilet paper last spring.

{hs#

I think you guys misunderstood the comment by Halwg. The original question was "Any more availability of shells in your area?" It was a simple and straight answer ---No----

OK, how about this: No, due to greedy, selfish people buying everything in sight at once instead of leaving something for the next shooter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:42 am 
Crown Grade

Scheels opened here last weekend.
Lots of shells.
Limit of 3 boxes per customer!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am 
Crown Grade

.45colt wrote:
My wallmart had about 12 boxes of SuperX steel 1oz this morning at 7:30 Am.$5.50 a box. the local Family Farms & Home store had the same yesterday in 4 packs for $40.00. they also had AA Trap loads in 4 packs for $49.99. :evil: . I hope people have brains enough not to pay those kind of prices. the farm store keep ammo locked up 1 box per day.
I'm going to try to hit Wallmart every morning just to see what's up.

If this sort of situation was to go on for a year more, I`m not so sure that this won`t do more to foster actual " gun control " than anything that might go on in Washington D. C.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:27 am 
Presentation Grade

Specklebelly wrote:
My local Wally World had a large number of the Federal four boxes this morning. Probably 50 or so on the shelves. Nice to finally see but will be gone in an hour I am sure.

I am back in an hour to see if they are still there.

If you are curious, I went back to check and they had about half of the shells gone. I was surprised it was not all sold.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:50 am 
Presentation Grade

Many wallys are limiting purchases to 1-3 a day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:58 am 
Tournament Grade

1958jr wrote:
Mine has a sign saying you are limited to three boxes. Don’t know why they bother with a sign as I haven’t seen ammo there in months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

1958jr wrote:

I didn't see a sign at this Walmart, doubt they would care anyway as they seem to treat their gun section as a red-headed stepchild. I did get on the phone and told people it was there, hopefully they made it to buy some.

They even had six boxes of .308 on the shelf. Sure wish they had .270 but hopefully that is soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

I've seen a lot more ammo lately at different box stores. I know the general shortage isn't over, but I think things are moving in the right direction. Lots of people shooting clays at all the clubs I've went to recently and they all had lots of shells to sell for people shooting at their facilities.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dr Duk wrote:
Lots of shells.

I like Scheels but 3 boxes ?? They do not understand the clay sports. I can shoot 3 boxes in 20 minutes on the sporting clays venues. They should limit you to 3 flats.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:28 am 
Crown Grade

Life of Riley wrote:
I've seen a lot more ammo lately at different box stores. I know the general shortage isn't over, but I think things are moving in the right direction. Lots of people shooting clays at all the clubs I've went to recently and they all had lots of shells to sell for people shooting at their facilities.

That`s good news.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:39 am 
Crown Grade

No shells at Walmart yesterday.
Brand new Scheels has lots of shells. 3 boxes/customer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:17 am 
Diamond Grade

wrfish wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Lots of shells.

I like Scheels but 3 boxes ?? They do not understand the clay sports. I can shoot 3 boxes in 20 minutes on the sporting clays venues. They should limit you to 3 flats.

4 boxes would be a good number. But i think big stores like Scheels are looking at maximizing the number of people in the store as well as making the most people happy by having what they came in for.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:14 pm 
Diamond Grade

Dr Duk,

Went to Walmart yesterday, No shells on the shelves at all. I did purchase a couple new 20 gauge Bore-Snakes, almost no guns left in the show case, the young man behind the counter advised me it has been this way for an entire month now. Nothing seems to be coming in to restock the shelves.

My buddy Ken Graft who owns the Shooting Stars Gun Shop in Ohio, advised me that everything is selling like mad, and the prices keep going up on everything in the store being restocked. Prices on sub-gauge guns of all types is climbing.

I keep a pretty close eye on the Classic American SXS double guns that are being sold, if you want a pristine Classic American Sub-gauge gun, be prepared to pay more than $2,000 to pick up a good field grade type gun. In some cases depending on the manufacturer and gauge a lot more. Do not look for any of the Classic American sub-gauge gun prices to come down any time in the near future. Finding what you want is becoming harder and harder.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

wrfish wrote:

Oh they understand clay sports well and the local Scheels supports the High School trap team. Corporate sales flyers have been saying limit 2 boxes since the shortage started. But it is up to the store as to limits.

Last summer 4 of us were going to go in on a pallet of Scheels shells (made by Fiocchi) but couldn't get them down below $60 a flat we wanted $55 a flat. That would have saved each of us $150 so we didn't do it. Right now I'd gladly pay $60 a flat for 30 flats, if we could only do it over again...

Each Scheels is different in setting limits, and even pricing. Ours (SE Mn.) does not limit shotgun shell purchases but do other ammunition. They got in a pallet of shells in last month and it went in a couple of hours.

Couple of weeks ago happened to catch a new supply of lead shot when it landed, I was down to a quarter ton so helped myself to 10 bags.

Dogs got some new bumpers they are always glad when I go into town and stop at Scheels LOL.

Occasionally see some 28 ga. shells on shelves here but most every place is bare of shotgun shells.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

The youth teams are bearing the brunt of this as much (maybe more) as anybody. Our team of 24 athletes was starting to get the season rolling about the time ammo started getting short. So we placed a pretty large order indirectly with F*(^%$ of about 500 flats, which was pretty much enough to cover the season. They accepted and quoted 4-6 weeks delivery, and we had no inkling of what was really coming. They promised that youth shooting would be at the head of the line.

That was in January and as of this moment we not only don't know if our order is really ever coming. Yesterday they sent us an email saying our price, when delivered, would go up the 7% (about $1500 in this case). But they still won't even commit to a delivery date, and I'll be if so it'll be another 7%. Don't know of anything else you buy that you really don't know what it'll cost after the order has been accepted. Certainly once this is over, I'm going to go out of my way NOT to buy F(*@@)!

So we have folks out scouring the countryside looking for a box or two here and there (huge thanks for their work). I have athletes trying to scrounge up enough for the next practice (we've cut down from 4 boxes to 2 per practice). Finally, they're making hopeful plans for National competitions that when they arrive, the ammo will be there to buy.

It's not the casual user that's causing this now. We're seeing adult shooters drop off at the range. It's the stockpilers who are sitting on the stuff. Hopefully their wives will see what's going on and put a stop to it. Every gram of powder and every primer they store away is one these fine young people can't shoot. Sure hope we see some relaxing soon. Sorry for the rant, but this is out of control.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It’s not just shotshells either. Talking to a buddy of mine yesterday who owns a large Ford Franchise. He can’t get new vehicles because of a chip shortage. He normally has 150-200 new cars in inventory. Yesterday he had 15

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:01 pm 
Field Grade

Not finding shotgun ammo at any of the big box stores here in east Texas. It's gone shortly after its put on the shelves by resellers. Went to a gun show last weekend and asking price for Winchester Universal 12 gage, 1-1/8, 1200 fps (4 box packs) normally $21.84 at Walmart was $S60. I didn't see anyone buying them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

casonet wrote:
It’s not just shotshells either. Talking to a buddy of mine yesterday who owns a large Ford Franchise. He can’t get new vehicles because of a chip shortage. He normally has 150-200 new cars in inventory. Yesterday he had 15

This is going to cause a significant used car shortage in the next few years. All of the future used cars are not hitting the streets, just like in 2008-9. Just wait and see and don't plan on buying one for about five years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next