ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone look at the new Remington Ammo web site?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:05 pm 
Field Grade

It's not good news for us Clay shooters. Gun Club is now only available in 12 gauge at 10.95 per box. Clay and Field is available in all calibers with 12 and 20 costing 12.99 per box and 28 gauge at 15.99 per box and 410 at 14.99 per box. I suspect the days of picking up a flat or 3 of Gun Clubs on sale for under 50 dollars a flat are long gone. I expect going forward we'll be seeing prices of 90 dollars a flat as being considered a "good deal". There is also the question on whether Remington hulls will be as reloadable as the pre bankruptcy hulls. If they don't the only people shooting Remington will be newbies who just don't know better. I've tried reloading Federal hulls and there is so much variation from hull to hull I don't consider it at all reloadable.

For me what it means is I'll be doing more dumpster diving for hulls instead of shooting off a flat or two to get new hulls to reload. I'll also be looking in to how well Cheddite hulls stand up to multiple reloading cycles once they become available.

Long term this doesn't bode well for Remington. Because of these new prices a lot of loyal Remington shooters will be shifting their ammunition purchases to Estate and other less expensive brands. In addition they will lose the high volume shooters because of the cost and because Remington hulls will become orphans simply because the mass of shooters have moved to another brand.

Post subject: Re: Anyone look at the new Remington Ammo web site?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Time for Claybuster straight wall wads/Euro hulls and Rio primers -or going to the .410 :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:21 pm 
Diamond Grade

good luck getting Rio primers.

this new pricing puts Remington's mid range [C&F] shell a buck a box higher than AA's run now.
I'd opt for the higher antimony shell at a lower price all day every day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:53 am 
Field Grade

I found both Top Gun & Gun Club available on the Vista website in both 12 ga & 20 ga at the same price, $10.99 per box. I expect street price to be lower, but perhaps not in today`s market.

Bob.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:37 am 
Limited Edition

I don’t think right now is a good time to try and predict long term ammo prices. The shortage, hoarding, etc. is driving everything. I admit future prices may be higher, but we won’t know for a while what the long term picture will look like.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It isn't just ammo going up, building materials have doubled, electrical supplies have almost tripled. Time will tell how it all shakes out.

cdb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The 12 ga. Federal Gold Medals load very well. They make a very good 1 1/8 trap load and crimp perfect.I have loaded hundreds.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is often a significant difference between suggested retail pricing and what one can buy something for. New trucks now days are silly, with $10,000 off sales common.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:40 am 
Diamond Grade

Gentlemen,

You are seeing 1st hand what happens when you let an election be stolen by fraud voting. It will get much worse if the states do not put a stop to it. Prices on just about everything are sky-rocketing already.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:56 am 
Field Grade

Dont forget the fake pandemic which has driven demand up and supply down, on almost everything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:18 am 
Presentation Grade

20 ga. Gun Clubs are still listed on the site. Don't use the filter by family.

Those are MSRP and don't mean anything. They are the same price as Federal lists for Top Guns on the Federal website. Yet you can buy Top Guns at many Walmart's right now in the 4 packs of Top Gun Varsity shells for $5.61 a box. Vista owns them both and GC will most likely be the same price. Once the panic buying and hoarding stops.

I don't reload the GC hulls anyhow that steel base makes an automate shake, rattle and roll. Still have around 16 flats of Gun Clubs for practice rounds. And a few of them have had loose shot in the boxes and opened crimps. The real question is will Remington still offer a rebate on STS and Nitro 27 going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:37 pm 
Crown Grade

I think you are getting worked up over nothing.

MSRP is often much much higher than real world retail prices.

Browning lists the MSRP for a Citori CX at $2296, but retailers around the country are selling them for $1899. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895421145

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 am 
Tournament Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
It isn't just ammo going up, building materials have doubled, electrical supplies have almost tripled. Time will tell how it all shakes out.

cdb

^^^ This ^^^

I am a general superintendent, for a small regional home builder and no BS, our lumber price has doubled in just over a year.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The pandemic has screwed us every which way but loose, and I'm not supposed to be pissed off with the Chinese Communists... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:06 pm 
Field Grade

Ammo site shows 7/8 oz #6 shot in a 2-1/2" .410. That would be a trick. Awkward site to navigate if you look at details on any loads...you get dumped back to the beginning of the shotgun ammo....410s.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Cold Iron wrote:

Those are MSRP and don't mean anything. They are the same price as Federal lists for Top Guns on the Federal website. Yet you can buy Top Guns at many Walmart's right now in the 4 packs of Top Gun Varsity shells for $5.61 a box. Vista owns them both and GC will most likely be the same price. Once the panic buying and hoarding stops.

I don't reload the GC hulls anyhow that steel base makes an automate shake, rattle and roll. Still have around 16 flats of Gun Clubs for practice rounds. And a few of them have had loose shot in the boxes and opened crimps. The real question is will Remington still offer a rebate on STS and Nitro 27 going forward.

Walmarts here have all stopped selling ANY guns or ammo, so no more 4 packs for $30 or less.
I'll start looking at buying a pallet of Fiocchis or similar or go in on one before I will come close to paying that amount for gold Nitros

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Cold Iron wrote:

Walmarts here have all stopped selling ANY guns or ammo, so no more 4 packs for $30 or less.
I'll start looking at buying a pallet of Fiocchis or similar or go in on one before I will come close to paying that amount for gold Nitros

One of the clubs I shoot at allows us to buy from a wholesaler at cost + 5% so they aren't bad. Problem is no idea when what you order will show up and that was pre pandemic.

Ironically last summer 4 of us were going to go in on a pallet of Fiocchi made shells from Scheels.

They are a pretty decent shell and 2 of the guys use them for FITASC. We couldn't get them below $60 a flat and we wanted them at $55. So didn't do it. If we could go back and do it over again.... I honestly don't want to reload again if I don't have to. I'd rather shoot and let them fly. Any day and all day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

You are seeing 1st hand what happens when you let an election be stolen by fraud voting. It will get much worse if the states do not put a stop to it. Prices on just about everything are sky-rocketing already.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

BS The shortage was here well prior to the election.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:56 am 
Crown Grade

hunterdcb wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

And you've been drinking the dimwit Kool-Aid for a very long time. Last October, just prior to the fraudulent election of the dimwits, all the local Wally World ammo shelves were FULL of any kind of ammo you wanted. My local Sportsmans Warehouse also had an excellent selection of ammo right up until November last year. By January 2021, the ammo selection was slim or none at all normal sporting goods venues hereabouts.

Retired

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

dubob wrote:
hunterdcb wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

And you've been drinking the dimwit Kool-Aid for a very long time. Last October, just prior to the fraudulent election of the dimwits, all the local Wally World ammo shelves were FULL of any kind of ammo you wanted. My local Sportsmans Warehouse also had an excellent selection of ammo right up until November last year. By January 2021, the ammo selection was slim or none at all normal sporting goods venues hereabouts.

That was/is the case down here too, Bob. It wasn't until Feeble Joe took office that ammunition all but disappeared.