ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question on shell holder
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 am 
Utility Grade

I’m new to shooting the shotgun games and am slowly gathering everything I need. Where is everyone buying the square shell holder with a mesh bag attached to it.

I’ve done several searches and I can find the mesh bags and the 2 compartment shell holders. Just am not able to find the square holder that holds a box of shell and the mesh bag together.

Post subject: Re: Question on shell holder
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:36 am 
Field Grade

tom76tom wrote:
I’m new to shooting the shotgun games and am slowly gathering everything I need. Where is everyone buying the square shell holder with a mesh bag attached to it.

I’ve done several searches and I can find the mesh bags and the 2 compartment shell holders. Just am not able to find the square holder that holds a box of shell and the mesh bag together.

I've never seen the need to strap on loads of fancy, expensive gear, clothing, and accessories, even if "all the kids are doing it." I use the same season/weather appropriate clothing & shoes on the skeet field as I do in the woods. As for my shell holders, I use chalk bags. They're cheap, have draw strings so I can toss them around when not clipped to the belt loop on my jeans, and come in different colors. I shoot 4 gauges so I have 4. Keep it simple.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:59 am 
Crown Grade

https://www.sportshootingsupply.com/sto ... Combo.aspx

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-El ... B019KAR3JG

https://www.traphappens.com/store/p/113 ... Combo.aspx

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/shootin ... pageSize:&

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:01 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

tom76tom wrote:

Change your search parameter from shell holder to “shell pouch” and you’ll come up with much, much more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:02 am 
Diamond Grade

wal mart has the little box holder thingies in the sporting goods section.
if you want 2 buy 2, then get the [bob Allen] clip on mesh bag and add that to your belt.
they also have belts over in the clothing section.
I got a nice wove together belt with no holes in it so it's easily adjustable to whatever I had for lunch that day.
airc 50 bucks pretty much covered the whole outfit and it's color coordinated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:01 am 
Tournament Grade

tom76tom wrote:

Why the mesh bag? Are you reloading?

Which shotgun game do you play? I started 6-7 months ago. I started out with a simple Allen waist bag from amazon, not square though. I like to have the shells loose so I can grab them.. I started reloading so I added a mesh bag to the belt and keep it behind me.

For sporting clays... I wear a vest

MidwayUSA, Cabelas or Amazon is a good place to look for things.

Browning Citori 725 Sporting
Tristar Viper G2 Sporting
Tristar Sporting O/U (aka Turkish Junk)
MEC 9000 to reload