ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Muncie, IN Shooting
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:21 pm 
Limited Edition

Hello,

I'm a native Marylander who was relocated to Muncie, IN late last year because of work and I'm looking for some new places to shoot. I've spent some time at some of the local ranges I know of and I've looked on claytargetsonline.com, but I know that some clubs may not be listed. For the most part I shoot skeet but I wouldn't mind shooting some trap since I haven't done it in several years. In addition I like to shoot the occasional round of sporting and I really like to shoot 5 stand when it's available.

So far I've shot at Indiana Gun Club, Daleville Skeet & Trap Club, and Crooked Creek Conservation. Crooked Creek is by far my favorite of the 3 but they are closed until the fall due to legal matters involving their neighbor. Because of this and due to the fact I'd like to broaden my Indiana shooting horizons I'm asking for suggestions on places to go. I'd like to keep them relatively close to Muncie (gas prices are a pain) but I wouldn't mind taking the occasional extended drive. I'm currently thinking about hitting up the Alexandria Conservation and Gun Club for a little trap shooting, is there anyplace else I need to put on my list of places to check out? I'm open to any suggestion you all might have.

Post subject: re: Muncie, IN Shooting
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Try the range on the east side of Kokomo. Shot there last wekend and enjoyed it. I just moved to Ft Wayne a month ago and am still figuring things out.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 pm 
Field Grade

You live near Farmland Conservation Club, a great Conservation Club with dog training grounds, a lake, archery course and a really nice rifle/pistol range. They also shoot trap there.

I attended a bird dog training seminar there a few weeks ago, and it was close enough that we drove in to have dinner at the Outback in Muncie. The club is a few miles east of Farmland, and north of the road between Farmland and Winchester.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:47 am 
Limited Edition

Welcome to the state of Indiana. Let me introduce myself to you and then I can tell you abut some other clubs. My name is Mike Kick and I am on the board of the state skeet association. As far as ranges that have skeet programs, they are few and far located with in the state. since you know about crooked creek, I will enlighten you to Kosko which is located in Warsaw In, and St. Joe Gun club which is located in St. Joe Indiana. Both of these clubs shouldn't be more than an hour from muncie. I run Coon Hunters Gun Club down here in Batesville In which is due south of muncie by about an hour and 1/2. Down in Edinburgh is Atturbury shooting range which is a state sponsored public range encompassing skeet, trap, pistol and rifle. If you have any questions feel free to email me @ [email protected]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:35 am 
Tournament Grade

You might want to look at Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club.

http://www.fcvcc.org/

I've been a member there for nearly 3 years and very pleased with it. 100 yards is the longest range they have. Downside is that you can't shoot trap/skeet at the same time the rifle range is open.

This range is a little bit southeast of Anderson, IN. Probably not too far from you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

there is also a club in Daleville.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:31 pm 
Field Grade

http://www.svgc.org/

My uncle is on the board of the Sycamore Valley Gun Club. The range is located in Freedom, IN, between Martinsville and Bloomington. I am a Muncie native, so I know how far that is, but the place and people are great. Right now, they only have a trap range (in addition to rifle and pistol ranges) but they are expanding.

As far as I am concerned, the best sporting clays in the state are at Quail Ridge. It isn't cheap, but it is world class. I mean that. They hosted the world championships a few years ago. www.quailridgeclub.com

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind"
- Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

You're all missing the obvious: The Indiana Gun Club. http://indianagunclub.com/. It has many skeet and trap ranges and a huge inventory of shotguns. It's the greatest place on Earth.

Tom