ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rend Lake Shooting Complex
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:12 pm 
Field Grade

http://www.rendlake.org/shooting/

This was posted by Larry Chinski, President of Downers Grove Sportsmens Club, on another forum and I've reposted it here with his permission. He is leading an effort to improve conditions at the Rend Lake Shooting Complex in Southern Illinois.

The web site will be updated in the future, too.

If you're interested in joining, contact Larry Chinski at: [email protected]

Here's the post:
One of the ideas I had for Rend Lake was to start an actual membership in conjunction with the shooting complex. The idea was to generate revenue for the complex for the maintenance of the machines, etc, while at the same time providing a benefit to the shooting community. I have developed a three level membership layout that I think will work out nicely. It is as follows:

SILVER MEMBERSHIP

The Silver Membership cost is $75.00 per calendar year, with a $50.00 one time initiation fee. Silver members who join in 2008 will not be required to pay the initiation fee, and membership will be begin upon receipt of application and be valid through December 31st 2009. Silver members may shoot trap and skeet for $4.00 per round, five-stand for $6.00 per round, and sporting clays for $30.00 per round.

GOLD MEMBERSHIP

The Gold Membership cost is $150.00 per year, with a one time $50.00 initiation fee. Gold members who join in 2008 will not be required to pay the initiation fee, and membership will be begin upon receipt of application and be valid through December 31st 2009. Gold members may shoot trap and skeet for $3.50 per round, five stand for $5.00 per round, and sporting clays for $27.50 per round.

ELITE MEMBERSHIP

The Elite Membership offers a one time cost of $600.00, which is good for five years. The shooting fee structure is the same as the Gold Membership. Elite members who join in 2008 will be not be required to pay the initiation fee, and membership will be begin upon receipt of application and be valid through December 31st 2013. This type of membership will save the member $150.00 over the course of five years.

The guest rates for the complex are:

Trap/Skeet $5.50 Five-Stand $7.50 Sporting Clays $35.00

So as you can see the cost savings is substantial for becoming a member.

As an additional incentive, the first 25 members who join the shooting club, forever to be known as “The Original 25”, will receive, compliments of the Rend Lake Shooting Complex, five free rounds of trap or skeet and one free round of sporting clays. The original 25 names will also be displayed on the wall of the Shooting Complex clubhouse. This pertains to ANY level of membership the individual wishes to purchase.

One thing to note is that ALL of the money obtained from membership dues go right back into the complex, starting with the rebuilding of the trap program. I have very specifc plans for where the money will be going first, and lists of needs and wants. Nobody here will be getting rich off of membership dues I can assure you. I have been insistent on this from the start.

I have a distribution list for many shooters who have participated at the complex, and I will begin sending applications to those names shortly. If you would like an application, email me and I will send you one. If you would like to be in the "Original 25" email me right away and I will hold the spot for you. From what I understand, one spot was taken earlier today, which leaves 24 spots.

Post subject: re: Rend Lake Shooting Complex
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:41 am 
Limited Edition

Arnie, I wish Larry all the luck in the world. From most of the former regulars at Rend what I hear is a wait and see attitude. If he can turn it around they will be back, but no one is writting any checks for memberships yet.