ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wis. Fall Turkey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:50 am 
Limited Edition

The fall turkey season is upon us, and I am a little bit excited! Anyone else going out for the fall bird? If so share your story please and maybe a pic of the bird. Where did you get that bird? I hope to be heading out this coming sunday morning. Hope I do better than I did in the spring - lol.

Post subject: re: Wis. Fall Turkey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

What zone did you get? My BIL and I both got zone 2, hope to at least get out and scout this weekend. Won't be able to try and hunt til maybe next weekend. Can't wait to have the chance for my first gobbler! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:39 am 
Limited Edition

I have zone 1. I too want my first bird - lol. Good Luck to ya!!

Post subject: Re: Wis. Fall Turkey
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:36 am 
Diamond Grade

huntingtoad wrote:
The fall turkey season is upon us, and I am a little bit excited! Anyone else going out for the fall bird? If so share your story please. I hope to be heading out this coming sunday morning. Hope I do better than I did in the spring - lol.

Let me just say I like the new zone set up. I'm in zone 2, which just happens to be directly right under my feet. :D

I'm new to Wi. and never had a chance to hunt in fall for turkey before (no fall season in So. Cal.)

Last season I got my permit request in just at the deadline and didn't even draw one of my (seven ?) choices, ended up with one on the other side of the state.

Never even got a chance to drive out there.

But this is exciting now, I can finally scout where I live , I know the area pretty well and know where some flocks are, and where they are (usually) headed.
And I know which fields are open to public hunting in my area so I can intercept them. This will likely be my best chance ever to get one.

But,

So far since this season started I have yet to see or hear any gobblers, just some hen's and little poult's. I'm holding out for a big one until the last week of the season...

The dairy farms should be clearing some feed corn soon I hope, which should open up some good scouting opportunities throughout the area.

Best of luck to you guys

Just saying...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:27 pm 
Limited Edition

Hey DeGriz, about what area are you livin in? I live in zone 2 also, but hunt in z1. What brings you here from sunny So. Cali.? How long have been in Wisconsin? Good Luck too you!!!