ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Southern Indiana/Greater Louisville area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 pm 
Field Grade

Anyone on here from the Louisville area in Southern Indiana? There is a range just north of Georgetown, IN that is a shotgun sports range. Have never shot there but am thinking real hard about it lately. If anyone has any experience with the place, care to share an opinion?

Post subject: re: Southern Indiana/Greater Louisville area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Indian Creek Shooting Center, otherwise known as "Wanda's." Great family-run place. I'm a member there and shoot the clays course quite a bit. Can't beat the prices! Be sure to have the deep-fried tenderloin sandwich for lunch.

PM me anytime you want to meet up there!

chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:05 am 
Field Grade

I have been wanting to try clays for quite a while. Have even thought about having the wife fling clays for me at Knob Creek a few times but figure listening to her whine about it wouldn't be worth the effort. :lol: If I go what all will I need to bring, and how much does it cost? Do I have o be a member or is it a public pay type deal?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 am 
Tournament Grade

Acra,

[Obligatory Disclaimer]: It's not an inexpensive hobby, so there's still time to turn back now before you're addicted :o

It's open to the public, annual memberships are optional. We can arrange to meet, or you can just show up, tell Wanda you're interested in shooting a round of clays, and she'll probably bundle you into the next group of guys going out.

1 round of clays (100 targets) at 12 stations = $25 for non-member.

You'd need about 5 boxes of shells, well 4.5. A few extra for shooting a pair over due to broken birds, etc. Wanda has reasonable prices on shells at the club, about $6.25 per box.

The traps are not automatic, so a trapper goes out with the group. Customary tip at the end of the round = $5.

Ear and eye protection (Bass Pro or Wal-Mart). Wanda's has ear plugs for a quarter, I can loan you a pair of shooting glasses if we hook up.

A range bag or backpack or something is handy to tote your shells around the course. Wear some hiking shoes or boots that can tolerate a little mud these days. The course is a gravel path.

Tenderloin = $3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 am 
Field Grade

Thanks for the info. I'm finally back up and running after my laptop crashed. Had to set up all my stuff on my wife's 'puter. Sounds like "Wanda's" is a nice place. I've been out there looking around awhile back but didn't shoot.