ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB Browning Auto 5: whole gun or parts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:06 pm 
Utility Grade

I'm working on an Auto 5 restoration and would like to purchase either a whole Auto 5 as a parts gun or individual parts. Just to be clear: I'm a humpback lover and the thought of taking apart a perfectly good gun for its parts makes me cringe a little, but the restoration gun has family sentimental value and the market price of whole guns is better than individual parts from what I've seen. That said, I'll gladly purchase individual parts if they meet my needs below at a reasonable price.

Specific needs:

Barrel: 2 3/4 inch gun with Japanese invector choke barrel (the finished gun will be a functional sporting weapon, not a mantle piece). Preference would be for a 28" barrel to match the original, but I'm flexible within reason (2" either way). Please no bulged or ballooned barrels, and please no poly chokes or porting/cutts compensators. Cosmetic imperfections and surface rust are OK.

Stock/Forearm: Wood needs to be structurally good (no split forearms, cracked stocks, excessive rot, etc) but can be cosmetically damaged. I strongly prefer the rounded knob pistol grip.

Thank you for looking!