ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good prices on target loads?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:20 am 
Field Grade

Hi guys,
I'm in the Seattle area but do most of my shooting out on the peninsula. I'm trying to find out where the good deals are on ammo? I used to get great deals at JOE's and a few of the other box stores that dared to sell anything so controversial as shotgun shells but it seems like the prices are getting pretty steep these days. I travel to E. WA a lot on business so I am open to picking up a few cases if I have room in the car. Any ideas? It would be much appreciated.

Post subject: re: Good prices on target loads?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

GeistF,

I got a membership to Sportco in Fife. It's a drive but you can get Rio 12g target loads for around $40/case.

My membership at Kenmore allows me to buy similar grade Rio's for about $46/case.

Failing that, Walmart has the lowest prices I've seen, a bit better than G.I. Joes, but on a 'combo' shell, not a target load per se.

randy.B

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:10 am 
Field Grade

Thanks,
I had not even thought about Sportco. I have yet to go to the Sportsmens warehouse in that area either but since I have been to both the Richland store and the Silverdale store, I doubt that there is much of a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:08 am 
Limited Edition

I'm still getting the cases of Estates at Joes in Northgate at $3.99/box with 10% off for buying a full case. Under $40 including taxes, can't beat it.

Eric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:09 pm 
Utility Grade

Watch WalMart clearance I walked in one day, and always out of habit go to sporting goods, and low and behold Winchester 1350 fps 1 oz 8 shot, get this $1.50 a box, game loads, but hell they kill clay too, so I bought 25 boxes, then a month later, winchester and federal steel shot 3 and 3 1/2 inch clearanced for $5.00 a box, I was in heaven another 75 bucks gone, but I am set up for a full season of duck blasting. Even got some #6 steel for 4 bucks a box for clays on steel only ranges. So make a point of visiting the back endbases of the Wally world sporting goods dept.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:55 pm 
Limited Edition

I don't know about over here, but I was in Missoula, MT all summer and Wally World had them for $3.88 a box, every day of the week--12ga and 20ga in #8 shot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Any new information on this. Places or prices? I am in Seattle but travel to Olympia to shoot. Is Sportco still a good deal? How much is their membership? Thanks in advance for your help.

-Travis

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:22 pm 
Field Grade

Sportco is selling most of the RIO shells at 5.97 for non-members. There are some Federal Top Gun loads selling for the same price. That is their cheapest target shell prices and of course everythiing goes up from there. Sportsmans cheapest I believe is the Estates running at around 6.29 a box.

Sportco charges $17 to be a member. Hope that helps.

SeaRun1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:07 am 
Field Grade

Yeah, if you can get the Estates at Joe's on sale you're pretty set. I swallow some pride and go to Wally World to get party packs of Federal when I hear they're on sale, too. I want to say they go for less than $20 for 100 rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:41 am 
Tournament Grade

Prices on ammo around here has gone up. The 100 pack at wally world is about $22 if I remember correctly. I usually buy the federal 1oz 8 shot from them for about $4.67 a box before my discount (wife works there) when they have them in stock. They run out quick usually. Sadly they have to cheapest price in town on it, the next store is usually about $5.99 a box for the same round. I'm going to wally world on friday and buying all I can.

NSCA #603848

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:05 pm 
Field Grade

If you've got a Bi-Mart in your area, they've got Federal Top Gun for about $6/box, I got some on sale a couple weeks ago for $5, it seems like they had Estates regularly priced at about $5. Membership is $5 for a lifetime membership.

Post subject: Re: re: Good prices on target loads?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:01 pm 
Utility Grade

kornphlake wrote:
If you've got a Bi-Mart in your area, they've got Federal Top Gun for about $6/box, I got some on sale a couple weeks ago for $5, it seems like they had Estates regularly priced at about $5. Membership is $5 for a lifetime membership.

Never heard of Bi-Mart... where are you that you're close to one?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:50 pm 
Field Grade

I'm in Portland, OR. Bi-mart has stores throughout Oregon and Eastern Washington.

Post subject: Re: re: Good prices on target loads?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:11 pm 
Field Grade

kornphlake wrote:

Just saw these on sale yesterday for 2/$11. Still cheaper than what I had just paid at Wal-Mart ($23.00/100). They also had clays for 5$/60. That was also cheaper than what I had just spent at Wal-Mart. I don't normally shop at Wal-Mart but was driving by one and the prices looked good at the time... :roll:

-Brian