ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: drano lake Washington
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:04 pm 
Field Grade

Does anyone here know if you can duck hunt on drano lake? I have need told that you could buy have never seen anyone do it.

Post subject: re: drano lake Washington
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:24 am 
Field Grade

Given the discussion I had with a sheriff on the issue regarding another body of water adjacent to a major highway along the coast, you need to set up as far away as possible from the road such that their is no chance of errant pellets reaching the road, as that would constitute a violation of shooting over a road. For Hevishot, that could mean over 150 yards away. For a small pond, that's a no-go. The North Shore of Drano might be OK, but you definitely don't want to be shooting if their are winter steelheaders trolling the lake. I would call the sheriff's department and double check so as to avoid a hassle.