ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lead shot bans in Idaho WMAs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:29 am 
Tournament Grade

Idaho F&G is seeking comments on changes to upland and furbearer regulations and seasons. Included in these changes is a requirment for the use of nontoxic shot for upland, turkey, and waterfowl in nine WMAs.
It seems odd that I'd be required to use steel for upland birds but not for doves in the same area. Doves aren't mentioned in the article.
Here's the link for the comments. I think the proposals are printed on the comments page.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/public/.

Post subject: Re: Lead shot bans in Idaho WMAs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm 
Field Grade

I use nothing but steel for my pheasant hunting on CJ Strike WMA but that's only because there is a good chance to pass or jump shoot a duck or two every time out. I would not support a ban on lead unless someone could show me research statistics that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that lead causes a real problem. I don't want speculation. I want scientific evidence and proof. Waterfowl was hunted with lead in this country for over 200 years and we didn't lose any duck populations to lead poisoning did we? This sounds like a stupid move to me. Kind of like trying to shut down an entire community because of the discovery of the rare Bruneau snail. WTF is Idaho coming to? Sounds like too many Kalifornians running things here.