ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: whos from washington
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:01 am 
Limited Edition

msta999 wrote:
c2chrisc2 wrote:
MSTA Where are you located?

Sorry, didn't notice your post. I'm in the Everett area.

MSTA,

Say, I was just going over some recent posts and found yours asking about upland and duck hunting sites.
I never did any duck hunting, but I did a lot of upland, growing up.
The only place I ever hunted Chuckar was in an area called "Black Canyon".
Its part of that series of canyons that are just east of the Manashtash Ridge.
Naches and Selah are the "big towns" out that way.
In fact, I think Black Canyon is on the Selah Hiway.
Its right across the road from Hardy Canyon.
The Chuckar's like to sit up on top of those ridges out by "Kettle Flats".
Decent Pheasant hunting down below (and some big jack rabbit's out there, too!).
Most of my memories of Pheasant hunting were up in the Quincy area, which is just north and a little east of George.
Just get on I-90 and head east. When you run into the "Martha Inn Cafe", you've foiund George.
The farmers open up their fields in the fall and the hunting can be out of this world!
You HAVE to join the "Community hunt", though. My father and I used to sign up at the George Community Hall. Its a minimal fee, you get a nifty badge, and a map of which fields are open that weekend.
There's also a small lake in Quincy that was frequented by a lot of Duck hunters, but I forget the name of it now.
It was near the big canal that fed irrigation water to everyone's field.

There are also some "Release Sites" on this side of the mountains.
Closest for me is down in Tahuya, which is on the south end of the Hood Canal, but I believe there's one or two that are local for you.
Wa. F&G website will probably have that info.
Good luck! Maybe we'll run into each other this coming season.

Dean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:24 pm 
Utility Grade

:wink: Forks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:18 am 
Limited Edition

UPDATE:

According to the City Clerk of George, Washington, there is no longer a "Community Hunt" in that area.
These days, if you want to hunt a farmer's field, you have to go and ask his permission, first.

DeanMk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10