ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum sponsor

Gil and Vicki Ash OSP Shooting School

Post subject: I know we have talked about this forever...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:30 am 
Field Grade

I am totally confused on eye dominance now. I have been shooting for the last 2 years or so with a patch on my left eye, due to left eye dominance and right hand shooter. The last two times out, I have hit maybe 10 percent of left to right crosser, doesn't matter speed or distance. Am hitting almost 100 percent right to left, course is set up pretty easy I am not the great shot! My shooting partner was just dumbfounded, earlier in week no issues. Got done and thought this might be a good time to take up lawn bowling. Decided to reload and go back and shoot all the left to rights again, this time when using soft focus i, god forbid, closed my left eye completely, and hit every target I missed on first go round. I have custom stocks for my guns, been fitted by one of the best, so all I can figure out is when I was looking left, my left eye picked up target first, and didnt let go, so to speak. I saw rings, etc , soft to hard focus was working, so am I crazy ot have you seen this before. Thanks Gil, I have your tapes and have been subscribed to your site in the past.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: I know we have talked about this forever...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:39 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Jammer

Sounds like you are looking down the barrel which you cannot do with two eyes but you can do with one eye. Dominance is not nearly as important as many would have you believe and there are many focus issues the masquerade as dominance shift. My first question is when triggering the shot was the speed of the gun the same as the speed of the target? Yes or No? Send me your contacts and will call you and discuss. [email protected]