ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question on mods to Merkel Model 8
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:45 pm 
Field Grade

1. Can you disengage the automatic part of the automatic safety without irreparably changing the mechanism?

2. If I'm correct in my understanding, a Model 8 is only different from a 47e in that it has extractors and not electors. Is it possible to find either a surplus/replacement forend or add the ejector mechanism? The forend on mine is not original to the gun (the numbers don't match), so I figure it's possible. I just don't know where to look.

Post subject: Re: Question on mods to Merkel Model 8
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:32 am 
Diamond Grade

Yes, on some guns the >>Auto-Safety<< bar can be removed to convert it to a non-auto. But I believe there are some that are fixed & I just don't recall on the Merkel Modell Nr. 8.

Ejectors would be a horse of a different colour. Pleasure us with some images of the forend & the knuckle of the action.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse