ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JP Sauer/Caesar Guerini
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Some years ago (I'd like to know when exactly) JP Sauer & Sohn sold O/U shotguns made by Caesar Guerini. I think there was a trap gun and a field gun and not sure if there was a sporting clays model. They may have been European only but one has a barrel marking from an importer in FL. I have seen 2 of these guns for sale recently but I can't find any info on them other than what I listed above. They don't show up in the Blue Book and searches online get no results. Anybody have information regarding these guns? They look to be well built with great wood (as I would expect from Guerini).

Post subject: Re: JP Sauer/Caesar Guerini
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

FWIW

Sauer used Franchi to make a line of over unders for them between 1984 and 1990 similar to teh Franchi Alcione model. I have 1986 Skeet model. The switchover to Caesar Guerini making an over under for Sauer occurred after 1990.

Sorry but that's the best I can do to help you with when.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

I think CG started out in the early 00’s. ‘02 possibly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:23 am 
Limited Edition

Thanks for the replies! These guns aren't on the radar at all in the US. Caesar Guerini USA told me they are aware of them but have seen only 1. They will service them if needed but they didn't import them.