ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CA law concerning gun sales????
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Look, no one disagrees that the CFLC is superfluous. It's a law made by anti-gun legislators. Think about this for a moment, their goal is to stop sales of guns to California. You say you want to protest this law by not selling guns to California. Hmmm, I guess they win huh?

There is no software to buy and there's only one form and it only takes a few minutes.

I'm not trying to get anyone to comply or not comply with this law. Do what you want. All I ask is that people not make choices based on ignorance or rumors. So, take this for what it is:

1. An individual who is not an FFL may ship a gun to an FFL within CA the same way he would ship to any other state. No paperwork necessary.

2. An FFL outside of CA must follow the CFLC rules.

Therefore, an individual who refuses to ship to CA because he thinks there is more paperwork is just costing himself a sale.

People like to blame the gun owners in this state for this legislation. Let me be perfectly clear, I voted against every member of our legislature that enacted this silliness. It's not my fault. Blaming me may make you feel better but it's not helping.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Rastoff wrote:
There is no software to buy and there's only one form and it only takes a few minutes.

People like to blame the gun owners in this state for this legislation. Let me be perfectly clear, I voted against every member of our legislature that enacted this silliness. It's not my fault. Blaming me may make you feel better but it's not helping.

Wow! Don't take it so personal! Sounds like you "personally" did all you could, at the moment. I didn't blame you!

Now orgainze, get others to join you in removing the folks that did this, as well as the stupid law!

Only a "few minutes"? Not from what I was told, and then wait for a reply, at CA's own sweet time, while continuing to keep the gun off the shelf, but still on the books. Yeah, your lawmakers "won". But jumping through their hoops is not going to help, either. That only encourages them to go the next step.

Remember, things appear different from different perspectives. CA residents see it totally different, than folks from other states. And it scares and pisses both off!

Remember which party got us to where we are, (along with too many RINOs)!
VOTE!

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 am 
Field Grade

This is an old thread but.Jugchoke if you call keeping a gun off the shelf for for 5 -10mins of work to long to much then so be it they don't want my dirty california money but there are plenty of other dealers who will gladly take it without the "Change you leaders" BS.We are all now stuck with obama :twisted:

Every gun i have ordered from out of state since july '08 has shipped next day with the cflc

Dealers not wanting to Jump through the so called "hoop" is exactly the reaction CADOJ wants thus curtailing shipments so by dealers "protesting it" as you say CADOJ wins.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

CruzShooter wrote:
This is an old thread but.Jugchoke if you call keeping a gun off the shelf for for 5 -10mins of work to long to much then so be it they don't want my dirty california money but there are plenty of other dealers who will gladly take it without the "Change you leaders" BS.We are all now stuck with obama :twisted:

Every gun i have ordered from out of state since july '08 has shipped next day with the cflc

Dealers not wanting to Jump through the so called "hoop" is exactly the reaction CADOJ wants thus curtailing shipments so by dealers "protesting it" as you say CADOJ wins.

Sorry boy, but I ordered one from CA. through my local dealer. He said that if it turned out to be the "problem" that going the other way is, he would refuse it. It wasn't, so I got my gun. It's his business, he runs it as he sees fit. If he doesn't want to jump through their hoops, I don't blame him.

And I don't think Obama has anything to do with what local CA. lawmakers instill on their constituents.

All I hear from CA. is excuses. It's you who are letting them "win"! By the way, do us all a favor, get the hell rid of Pelosi!

VOTE!

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 pm 
Field Grade

Lol your a funny man.
Quote:
And I don't think Obama has anything to do with what local CA. lawmakers instill on their constituents."

That's a funny statement.No he does not have anything to do with cali law,But obama law will effect YOU AND ALL OF US.Seeing as how once obama,biden,pelosi and the congress of death are done with current more "pressing" issues he will have the nations gun owners nuts in a vice grip also and don't think heller will help us.Thanks for letting them win buddy.The ball was in your court and you dropped it. :D

Quote:
He said that if it turned out to be the "problem" that going the other way is, he would refuse it. It wasn't, so I got my gun.
If he really said/thought that then he really does not have a grip on what the law is and is clueless to how the cflc works in the first place.
But as you said "it's his business he can run it as he sees fit" Damn straight.Thinking about it i guess that's why for a short time longer this country is so great. And thanks for sending money our way.

Like i said there are plenty of other out of state dealers who gladly take our money so losing your local dealer does not hurt us in the end.
Take it easy and have fun in the field.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Cruz, I sometimes try to be funny, but you are the guy who stated, "Change is BS, and we are now all stuck with Obama." Again, I don't think he had anything to do with the way CA wrote their laws.

But things are starting to look up, maybe! Lots of folks have seemingly got their fill of Obama, Pelosi, Boxer, Finkelstien, Reed, Frank, etc. just lately. If today's trend keeps up, it will reverse itself come November, 2010! As for Obama, I predicted that he would never finish out his first term, let alone be elected to a second. Still am. No, I am not necessarily talking about anyone doing him in, other than maybe himself. I just feel like something, somehow is going to happen to at least remove him from office, before Jan 20, 2013.

Just maybe the "sleeping giant" has finally been awakened once more!

VOTE!

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:03 pm 
Field Grade

my statement about obama was simply stating the fact that we in california,Washington dc,new york,Illinois etc. are not the only ones blessed with crappy so called "leaders" with Utopian dreams of unarmed slaves in their state now it's everyone.
Regarding obama lets hope he's not off'ed and that it's just "something,somehow" because then were stuck with biden (we are talking about the original author of the fed assault ban) who would be an even bigger douche and what if biden succumbs to his poor health then who's the next heir to the throne? :twisted: PELOSI :twisted: she haunts my dream's like freddy krueger.Shes not somebody you want to wake up in the middle of the night and find standing at the foot of your bed.
My mother in law writes hate mail to boxer i love here for that.

Take it easy man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:10 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I can't "take it easy", Cruz! I am too old, and I don't have the time left to waste!

Yeah, I took it wrong, not realizing that you had went "nationally" with the discourse. I was still thinking you were talking CA.

The thing that pi$$ed me off the most about Bush/Chaney, was when in Jan. 2006, (and I said it then!), when Pelosi became "squeaker of the house", that Bush/Chaney didn't draw up a joint resignation document, saying in effect: You voters did this, we now resign, leaving the Presidency to Pelosi. Live with it! Two years would have done the trick, and would have been much better than the 4 that we now are/may be in for. Biden may be of the same mind, well no, not really, he is nowhere near as smart or popular, and would not be able to accomplish a fraction of what this guy has already done. He stumbles over his own foot in his mouth all the time.

If they had resigned back then, I can guarante you that we would not be in the pickle that we are today!

Pelosi standing by the foot of your bed? How about "in your bed", with your arm under her? That would be like a coyote in a trap, time to gnaw your own limb off! :shock: (and maybe even more than one!) :roll:

VOTE!

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:58 pm 
Field Grade

My fault i should have been more clear..Hard to do from a keyboard
Pelosi in my bed?You are a sick man LOL...It would be a bloody mess.
Man now i'm going to be startled awake in the middle of the night thinking my wife is pelosi...Thank's allot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:11 am 
Field Grade

I have to agree with Rastoff and Crus there is no reason not to sell to California and keep your opinions about our state to yourself. I have it worst than most living in Los Angeles when i tell people i hunt i may as well have the plague so to clear this up i have just purchased a new Beretta 390 2 months ago from Cabelas in Idaho.
Here is exactly how it works there is no additional paperwork for the seller
what happened exactly was i purchased the Beretta 390 from cabelos idaho they asked me to have my ffl holder fax his no to them which he did giving them his ship to adress at the same time he did that i filled out the paperwork for the DROS which costs $25 then they charge us a processing fee mine was $50 once this paperwork is carried out and you pay your california sales tax the 10 day wait period starts from the moment the california ffl enters it on the DOJ website providing you are a good boy you are legally able to take posesion of your gun which by that time should have arrived and be in his safe after the 10 days.
The extra paperwork is on the California end, as well as DOJ records the California FFL must keep records for ATF alcohol tobacco and firearms which involves driving licsence utility bills and green card or proof of citizenship.
This is not really a big deal for anyone exept us that want to buy guns from out of state. My feeling is that we are gouged on our prices here in California more than any other state the Beretta i bought was 900 at my local dealer plus tax 550 in Idaho plus fees and tax still save over $200 dollars.
Also i think people dont want to send used guns to California because if they are not represented properly or defective it gets ugly because at this point we have paid money to have it shipped paid our ffl so if we return the gun the sellar is out at least $130 you usually find the bad dealers wont sell here because there is something wrong with what they are selling described it wrong or there is something wrong with there liscence.
It is not smart of dealers to not ship to California if lawmakers find that they can control how many guns come into the state by this method then yours will be next i promise you. Dont let any more of our freedom be taken away by not selling guns to Californians you are doing just what the authorities want. We like to hunt and shoot just as much as you do in Montana And Michigan we need to unite not throw out stupid statements because we live in differant states. If you have a gun thats is acuratley described and legal to sell in California then there is no reason not to.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:42 am 
Crown Grade

Even older post now, but what Rastoff has stated is fact. Now it's even done via the internet (no fax), so it is literally minutes from input to authorization number. Many dealers are charging in the 'hood of $20 for this menial amount of time. I'm OK with that, though they prolly spend a lot more time with a local in-house customer...who then finds the gun $10 cheaper elsewhere. Some dealers choose 1 day per week to process, but that's their own delay. I won't buy a belt from some clown who won't sell me a gun due to some "protest".

Rockette, your dealer is ripping you off charging sales tax. As an individual you are "supposed" to pay tax (just like if you bought pants from Cabelas), but the FFL dealer is not the collector. It's a common scheme that some dealers use. I can pretty much guarantee the dealer didn't report that collected tax to the state. He has no receipt to base the tax on, only what you told him you paid. free money. The only caveat I know of is if the gun sale originated in CA.

I've got a good dealer up here and

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=448601

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 am 
Limited Edition

jugchoke wrote:
edlacy wrote:
The FFL I use in Sacramento tells me the only thing he needs to receive a firearm from an out of state private individual is a copy of his driver's license.
There are some who won't ship here, but, there's no reason for it, other than they don't know the laws.

I don't believe that is quite true, so who is it that doesn't know the laws?

My local dealer here in MO. claims that his paperwork at least quadruples, and the time it takes is considerably more than that, to ship a gun to CA. and he won't/wouldn't do it for quadruple the $.

When he has sold a gun, he wants to get it shipped in a day or two at most, not having the thing still on hand, up to weeks later, waiting for paperwork from CA.

I'd find a new gun broker in MO that knows something. I've purchased 3 guns in the last 4 months, all out of state sales. 2 were from gun dealers (Wisconsin and No. Carolina) and 1 private party (New York). The brokers sent my guns to my FFL as soon as they received my bank check. The private party sent the gun right away as well , only needed a copy of his drivers license. The out of California sellers that won't send to California are fools and should learn the federal laws.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Two year old thread for God's sake!

And it is not the Fed's requirement, it's still CA. that asks for more.

Some dealers will put up with it, or jump through the hoop, for a buck, others will not.

That is their prerogative.

But there must be other, good, reasons for living in such a state. Hope? :roll:

Hope it don't get worse?

Someone described a dictatorship as being a state where everything that was not prohibited, was required. Sounds like Utopia to me, one would never have to make a decision on their own! :roll:

VOTE!

NRA Benefactor