ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gun show question
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:16 pm 
Utility Grade

I live in California. I am going to the gun show in Reno in April to buy a shotgun. I spoke to the gunshow director, and he told me I could buy the gun in Reno and take it home. Of course I expect the background check, but I was told no wait. Said it does not have to go to an FFL dealer. Can anyone tell me where I can verify this info? Last thing I want to do is drive to Reno, drop $$ for the gun, and wait weeks for it to be shipped, and then pay the dealer. I am not sure where I can find this info on the internet. :?

Post subject: re: Gun show question
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here is a little information:
If you purchase a firearm in Nv from a private party, it is a cash and carry operation, I had write a bill of sale and take his information form his ID, if questions come up about the gun I have proof that I sold it.
As for a dealer: I will not try to quote any laws or regulations- I do know that they are required to transfer pistols though a dealer in your home state and you must comply with your home state laws- I know that for pistol—DO NOT know if this applies to long guns.
You might want to call on of the gun stores in Reno and ask
Best of Luck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:07 am 
Field Grade

Here's a link for ATF, look thru the B section.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:32 am 
Crown Grade

Rich5150,
All guns in California require a ten day waiting period be they long arms or handguns, so I think your stuck with going thru a ffl. Best bet would be is to get a local with a ffl and get the paper work you need, just send the gun to him from reno? :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

unless you get a under the table deal somehow I dont see how they can do it for instance you will get carded for high capacity magazines at that show and if you show a california license no sale

you will need to have it shipped to an ffl in cali and pay for a transfer fee which the cheapest I know of is 50 bucks and I have only found one place this cheap

I also called cabelas and they would sell it and charge me 35 to ship to my ffl but then I still have the transfer fee so it better be a smoking deal to be worth it cause you best plan on adding at least 100 bucks to the sale price of the gun and last time I was there the show was not that good alot of old stuff like collector stuff and anything semi modern was more money than buying new