ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dick's opens in Santa Clarita
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

After visiting relatives in Michigan and going to their local Cabela's, Gander Mt. and Dick's plus local shops, I realized that living in S. CA vastly limited the places I had to shop for guns, shooting supplies and stuff. So when I heard that Dick's was buying out Chick's plus opening a new store in Santa Clarita I thought some good news was happening for a change. Well today Dick's had their grand opening for their Santa Clarita store. I even had some discount coupons that came in the mail. Great. So I boogy on over and what do I see - No hunting section. No fishing section and no reason to stick around for more that a quick look around. Back to Walmart and Big 5 looking for shells. I guess if Cabala's ever opens a store in California it too will be a great place to shop for sneakers.

- Ben Franklin

Post subject: Re: Dick's opens in Santa Clarita
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

I had the same dreadful experience in the Pasadena store! :( was very disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

ya they told me in yorba Linda store that they have elected not to sell ammo or other related hunting items in California I walked out fast absolutly rediculous.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

leftieD wrote:
After visiting relatives in Michigan and going to their local Cabela's, Gander Mt. and Dick's plus local shops, I realized that living in S. CA vastly limited the places I had to shop for guns, shooting supplies and stuff. So when I heard that Dick's was buying out Chick's plus opening a new store in Santa Clarita I thought some good news was happening for a change. Well today Dick's had their grand opening for their Santa Clarita store. I even had some discount coupons that came in the mail. Great. So I boogy on over and what do I see - No hunting section. No fishing section and no reason to stick around for more that a quick look around. Back to Walmart and Big 5 looking for shells. I guess if Cabala's ever opens a store in California it too will be a great place to shop for sneakers.

My wife wanted to visit Cabelas, We went to AZ to shop, Five hours up and five hours back, Also visited the bass pro shop, I ask the store director at Cabelas why they have not expanded to California, His answer did not suprise me, He said, While Bass pro shop is a fishing and then hunting store Cabelas is a gun store that happens to sell cloths and other stuff, Cabelas determined that it was to restictive to open a outlet here, When I said Bass pro shop was doing well he again said they are mainly fishing and we have an ocean and alot of lakes, Makes me sad. I also walked into a dicks in Rancho cucamunga after visiting Bass Pro, Made me sad. Pisses me off that big 5 is the premire store because turners went to crap. so be it.

Reloading Smiles one shell at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!