ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sporting Clays at Pikes Peak Gun Club, Colorado Springs.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello

Just an FYI for any clay target sports folks that may be driving south down I-25, The Pikes Peak Gun Club has been very busy as of late redesigning and improving the SC courses. We are now set up for super sporting (3 traps ) on 23 Stations out of 24. we have an automated card reader on the front 12 stations, so you can shoot by yourself if needed. The back course is not set up with readers as of yet, but that should be taken care of in the future, hopefully.

There is a new course setter there that is a local instructor as well, he puts in a lot of hours and work there. he also makes subtle changes to the course frequently. he will be adding even more station in the next few weeks.

I am a new member here on the forum and am just getting back into SC after a 20 some odd year hiatus. While I do not work for PPGC, I do volunteer work on the shotgun side and I felt the need to help get the word out about what has changed. PPGC has suffered from a rather dismal local reputation for SC because of various reasons, But things have changed for the better and we want people to know.

Most of the info that I have typed above is not available on their website or Facebook page, for various reasons they are somewhat slow to update their site. the only reason people are finding out about this is because of our local shooters, word of mouth and 1 Facebook post, not a lot of people even know of these changes, So we would like to get the word out to the folks that enjoy the clay sports from our neighboring states and our fellow shooters up north via the I-25 corridor.

PPGC also has skeet, trap, wobble trap and 5 stand as well. All shotgun sports are open to the public with no membership required. the pistol and rifle ranges have also been expanded, currently you have to be accompanied by a member to use the pistol and rifle ranges.

If you happen to be down this way, give them a call or visit Facebook or the website. We may not have the scenery that our great courses have up north, but we can provide a fun round or two with some really nice and challenging stations as well as some fluff.

Here are the links for the website and the Book of Face Page.

http://pikespeakgunclub.org

https://www.Facebook.com/PikesPeakGunClub

Sorry for the long post as my first, but I figured it was better than a rant/rage post! :D

Jordan

Post subject: Re: Sporting Clays at Pikes Peak Gun Club, Colorado Springs.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am 
Tournament Grade

PPGC is 3 hrs north of me so I don't shoot there except for Sporting tournaments. I probably should if for no other reason then the people there are serious about providing a noteworthy product. They are really a pleasure to deal with. They have a comfortable club house, picnic area and fair prices on shells, powder, primers and such. They have a really nice expanded camping area with electricity. They are only 10 minutes from gas and what not's.

Although I have never shot a registered trap or skeet target, I want to and I know that they host good sized tournaments there. Yet another good reason to check them out. A good place to spend a weekend shooting.

s/f Steve