ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glasses
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Todd, can you give some info on what type of glasses to use and maybe make a recommendation on a particular brand? (Without breaking the bank) Ralph and I (Joe, my birthday present) took a lesson from you at Brookhaven on Long Island back in Oct. and have to thank you for the instruction it was great, we both are shooting better but need to practice more. We want to be sure to see the target better and sooner so the proper glass lens is very important. Any suggestions would be great. Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year filled with broken birds ha!

Last edited by seacilian on Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Glasses
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:28 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Randolph Ranger is a very good company and is expanding its product line and quality, not that it was ever lacking. As opposed to some of the industry leaders, Rangers are affordable, provide excellent value and great customer service, without the arrogance displayed by some of the other players in this market.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:41 pm 
Limited Edition

Amen! to the arrogance in the industries. I am only about 3 years into this whole USA Shooting International Bunker Competitions thing and I have met some wonderful people. Except for some of the vendors, I haven't met many real jerks. I have met some competitive shooters who have a higher opinion of themselves then their scores show, but have not met many that wouldn't help the shooters any way they could. Well, except for a few vendors who have acted stupidly, but we have long memories for them

The founding fathers of America were not career politicians. They were the outlaws; the "angry extremists" who refused to quietly submit to an elite political establishment's oppressive rule over their lives.

NEVER forget that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am 
Diamond Grade

Todd, What frames are you wearing and what is your lens selection?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Rangers do indeed have widest selection for almost every shooter, whether you want great style in a wrap one-piece lens, or you have a high prescription, there is a specifically engineered set of Randolph Ranger shooting glasses for you. At very reasonable prices for the highest quality lenses and a lifetime warranty on the frames.

If you are interested, I can help you, whether you need prescription lenses or not.

Good luck and safe shooting.

PM or contact [email protected] for details

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:59 pm 
Crown Grade

I wouldn't have answered for Todd in his forum but since he already has, I'll have to say I love his post on it and love Randolph's!

I'm getting ready to buy a new pair myself. Made in the USA and great folks to deal with. Plus they just work really well, are priced right and as Todd said, without a lot of the hype.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:24 am 
Limited Edition

I purchased a pair of Remington T-40's in target orange from Amazon for $8.00 I can't believe how much better I'm seeing the targets especially the lows!!! I was having trouble seeing the lows early and could not pick up the birds until they were at least 10 feet out of the low house, now I pick them up right out of the window!!!!!! My average went from 21.5 to 23.75 quickly. Someday I will have to try the Randolph Rangers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:32 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Falcon Pro frame, working on colors, haven't shot much this summer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:54 am 
Utility Grade

Todd, my last prescription shows Sphere -0.25 on right eye R and -0.5 on left one. All remain parameters are normal. I can shoot with regular lenses but wearing my prescribed glasses I see away a bit clearer.
The question is how relevant this distinction in sight is. Should I go to prescribed lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

So would you prefer shooting with good enough vision or the best possible?

As an optometrist I would recommend using the Rx especially if you 1. Shoot both eyes open or 2. Shoot games other than skeet often (where you could routinely be shooting targets farther than 21yards).

I understand your vision with and without the Rx doesn't seem that different so it boils down to how serious are you about it? You're going to be wearing glasses anyway, why not Rx? Unless it's cost. And if you can afford everything for shooting except the glasses, well then...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

^^^ This exactly. ^^^

PM or contact [email protected] for details

Post subject: Beretta A400 excel kick off.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:57 pm 
Field Grade

Has anybody that has one and had trouble with the release button being so stiff and hard to push. I just bought one and shot 125 sporting cays. My thumb and wrist was very sore at the end of the round. I hope it gets easyer quick. So far I don't like this shotgun but I'll keep shooting it for a while and see if things get better. Thanks for any input.

Mel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

If your going to enjoy using the gun, you need an aftermarket accessory called a closer. Several companies make them. I use a Carey Closer and am happy with it. It's bigger and easier to hit and has lasted for 20 years and you wouldn't believe the number of rounds if I shared it. Loading two shells, I drop one in the chamber and hit the closer with the nose of the second shell before slipping it in the magazine. Haven't thought about it since.