ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kolar Ejector Issue
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:05 pm 
Utility Grade

All of a sudden, the bottom barrel of my 11 year old Max Sporting stopped ejecting and the top barrel ejects both fired and unfired shells. Also, the top lever became stiff. I removed, inspected, cleaned and replaced the trip rods/channel but problem continued. I have now removed the trip rods and am using extractors only. Any ideas as to what's wrong?? Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Kolar Ejector Issue
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Not from my chair......but what did Kolar say when you called them?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 am 
Utility Grade

I called Tony at Kolar when the issue first occurred. He stated that he could not diagnose the issue without seeing the gun. I plan on sending the gun to Kolar after the Christmas mailing rush. Just wondering if there would be an easier fix.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:14 pm 
Crown Grade

No way to know, but I think you’ll be very pleased with their turn around time, good luck, hope it’s not a big deal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:38 pm 
Crown Grade

It's most likely time for new trip rods. Mine happened a number of years ago, and just started happening again. When you open the gun, the bottom barrel will "click" but not eject, before the top barrel does. When the top barrel ejects, it is a normal ejection. Also notice, that bottom barrel clicking, is occuring way before normal, and if it actually did eject at that time, the empty hull would hit the breech face, not clear and eject in to the air.

Slowly open yours and see if it has some of the same symptoms as mine......

I'll be having Laurence Pylinski change the trip rods either this week or next, only takes a couple hours.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Well, just back from the gunsmith. While the write-up above was accurate for last time.....this time, it turns out a piece of #9 shot got lodged in between the tabs in the forend that the trip rods ride on. Once he located that, it was back to new.

So check those little tabs inside the forend that the trip rods ride against, make sure nothing is obstructing it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Funny how stuff can work it's way into the strangest places. I crushed a fly between the bottom of the monoblock and the receiver somewhere during an event one time.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.