ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Muller Chokes

Post subject: Qmaxx
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:50 pm 
Field Grade

I know Jimmy likes Qmaxx black for cleaning and lubing his choke tubes, but I have not read here where he comments about using this for general lubrication of shotguns.

Last season I spent a little time talking to a guy from Qmaxx at a big shoot. He was very nice and answered all my questions. After some discussion I realized that he was recommending Qmaxx for general cleaning and lubrication for all parts of any shotgun where you normally use oil or grease.

For whatever reason I had the idea that Qmaxx was great for most all lubrication of semi auto shotguns, but not so much for break open guns. I have been using it exclusively for a few years on my SA guns. So I asked him if it was good lubrication for the high stress areas of an o/u, like the hinges. He said it works great for this. He went on to say that grease gathers dust and carbon which is a much less problem with Qmaxx.

I met another customer at the booth that confirmed he had been using Qmaxx for years on all his competition O/u guns and likes it better than other cleaners and oils, and greases.

This is Jimmy’s page. I am not trying to speak for him. This is just my opinion and experience with a great product. I like to promote things that are as good or better than they are advertised, like Muller chokes.

Doc

Post subject: Re: Qmaxx
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:21 am 
Presentation Grade

I like the Black as well for general cleaning and light lubrication on my O/U. I still use grease on the hinge pins that is cleaned off and reapplied each week.

I have an unopened bottle in my stash that I bought last year. sadly - they have filed for bankruptcy (QMaxx) s0 we will see if they emerge from that or not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

I’ve switched to qmaxx black for pretty much everything. My wife finds the smell far more tolerable than anything else I’ve used.

However I still use STOS on the O/U hinges and fore end lug.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

I use both the Black and Blue. Both great products. Hopefully, they will be back after the bankruptcy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ernest T wrote:
I use both the Black and Blue. Both great products. Hopefully, they will be back after the bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

blarg wrote:
Ernest T wrote:

Bankruptcy???

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=522290

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:12 am 
Presentation Grade

MTR wrote:
blarg wrote:
Ernest T wrote:

Bankruptcy???

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=522290

Yeah I would agree that this is more a result of the slowdown of the drilling fluid business than gun lubricants (which has been increasing if anything).

Besides if qmaxx is doing business with oil and gas, whatever they’re seeing from gun lubricants is likely a rounding error on their bottom line.