ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Muller Chokes

Post subject: I'm impressed
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

and haven't even tried them yet!
Last Sunday a good friend of mine showed up with his Beretta sporting Muller tubes. I got home and started reading, Monday sent an email with a question on steel shot. Monday afternoon I placed the order. Today, Thursday I received my chokes. I look forward to trying them this weekend at a Skeet match. I have to admit I have been chasing a 25 since 2004, a few dozen 24s, but no cigar.
I have never taken a lesson, the reason being is I felt who other than someone with the same disabilities could help me. I'm combat disabled with a plate in my neck, missing a chunk of my hip and to make matters worse I'm left eyed dominate also 71. We shoot over the Long Island Sound and use #7 steel and shoot only weekends during the winter.
I do appreciate the fast shipping and I'll keep trying with my 325 Browning for that 25 straight

Post subject: Re: I'm impressed
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:40 pm 
Crown Grade

You’ll get your hat blasted sooner than you think with that great attitude!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:44 pm 
Crown Grade

More importantly, thank you for your service! You gave a hell of a lot for your country and I greatly appreciate it. Good luck with your quest for a straight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:47 am 
Utility Grade

I am rooting for you especially with a 325!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:26 am 
Limited Edition

I received my Muller's a few weeks ago for my Weatherby SSC 32" barrels (Japan Model)

I can't put my finger on it (especially since I haven't patterned it properly), but they just break the targets right. Not smoke (hot core), not chippy (deformation fly-aways), they just work, I put them in, and don't think.

I know there is that magical intangible quality in my head. But I am hitting so much more consistently.

I used to change my chokes like a fiend. I don't need 7 chokes anymore. I have 2 U0's, a U1, U2 and U3. The 2 U0's are for when I am shooting skeet.

I love, love, love these chokes, for the simple reason that they work.

Enjoy them!

Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:52 am 
Crown Grade

Thank Ü

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 am 
Limited Edition

I’m not quite your age, but I have a plate in my neck and 11 fused vertebrae. Metal Rods, pins, screws, disks, wedges and polymer with embedded locator metal pieces so any shift can be detected. I have a large amount of nerve damage to my lower back, hips, and legs and 9 major operations to this point. This is mostly due to a treestand accident but I have some degenerative disk problems also. I’m an A, soon to be AA shooter. I don’t shoot a lot of tournaments. Im a target setter and an NSCA Level 2 instructor. As a shooter, I’ve learned to adapt to my disability and do a few things different than most. I’m sure you do too. The loss of flexibility is the biggest part. Granted you may do things a little differently, you can still benefit from a good instructor. Many times it’s the small things that cause us to miss. Lack of focus on the target, starting the muzzle in the wrong position, preshot routine, etc. A good instructor isn’t going to change what you do if it works for you. He’s going to take what works best for you and improve on it by fixing those little things that add up to a missed target every now and then. I coach a kid that has only a thumb and pinky on each hand. He’s missing all of his toes on both feet. He doesn’t have much movement or peripheral vision in his left eye. He loads with his thumb, pulls the trigger with his pinky, and holds the forearm in the saddle between pinky and thumb on his left hand. He has to stand up fairly straight because of the balance issue his lack of toes creates. But he will absolutely put a whooping on the majority of shooters he faces in tournaments. Adults and kids. And amaze them in the process. His parents brought him to me five years ago, hoping he could shoot but scared to put him out where people might make fun of him. After working with him, I told them it would be a disservice to him not to allow him to try to compete. He doesn’t just compete, he wins. And inspires a lot of folks in the process.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 am 
Limited Edition

Hey 11B40! Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Best of luck to you in all you do. Keep us posted on how soon your squad mates ventilate your hat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Turpentine1 wrote:
I’m not quite your age, but I have a plate in my neck and 11 fused vertebrae. Metal Rods, pins, screws, disks, wedges and polymer with embedded locator metal pieces so any shift can be detected. I have a large amount of nerve damage to my lower back, hips, and legs and 9 major operations to this point. This is mostly due to a treestand accident but I have some degenerative disk problems also. I’m an A, soon to be AA shooter. I don’t shoot a lot of tournaments. Im a target setter and an NSCA Level 2 instructor. As a shooter, I’ve learned to adapt to my disability and do a few things different than most. I’m sure you do too. The loss of flexibility is the biggest part. Granted you may do things a little differently, you can still benefit from a good instructor. Many times it’s the small things that cause us to miss. Lack of focus on the target, starting the muzzle in the wrong position, preshot routine, etc. A good instructor isn’t going to change what you do if it works for you. He’s going to take what works best for you and improve on it by fixing those little things that add up to a missed target every now and then. I coach a kid that has only a thumb and pinky on each hand. He’s missing all of his toes on both feet. He doesn’t have much movement or peripheral vision in his left eye. He loads with his thumb, pulls the trigger with his pinky, and holds the forearm in the saddle between pinky and thumb on his left hand. He has to stand up fairly straight because of the balance issue his lack of toes creates. But he will absolutely put a whooping on the majority of shooters he faces in tournaments. Adults and kids. And amaze them in the process. His parents brought him to me five years ago, hoping he could shoot but scared to put him out where people might make fun of him. After working with him, I told them it would be a disservice to him not to allow him to try to compete. He doesn’t just compete, he wins. And inspires a lot of folks in the process.

Thank you Turpentine1 for the pep talk. My balance is also an issue with a calcified spinal cord, but you are right in my trying to make the best with my style. Our range opens October 1st and it is a challenge for even good shooters. The location is beautiful, shooting over the Long Island Sound. But the wind, back ground, and on certain days getting hit with salt spray. On worse days (high tide) one gets flat out wet on station 1, 7, and 8.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you have Guerini, I have great deal for you.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 3&t=474264

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:10 pm 
Crown Grade

11B40 wrote:
and haven't even tried them yet!
Last Sunday a good friend of mine showed up with his Beretta sporting Muller tubes. I got home and started reading, Monday sent an email with a question on steel shot. Monday afternoon I placed the order. Today, Thursday I received my chokes. I look forward to trying them this weekend at a Skeet match. I have to admit I have been chasing a 25 since 2004, a few dozen 24s, but no cigar.
I have never taken a lesson, the reason being is I felt who other than someone with the same disabilities could help me. I'm combat disabled with a plate in my neck, missing a chunk of my hip and to make matters worse I'm left eyed dominate also 71. We shoot over the Long Island Sound and use #7 steel and shoot only weekends during the winter.
I do appreciate the fast shipping and I'll keep trying with my 325 Browning for that 25 straight

Hi 11B40, Thank you for your Service!
How are the chokes working?
Can I help you with anything?
Jim Muller
[email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hi Jim,
Thank you for the offer. The chokes are fine, when I'm on I get clean breaks. So I can't blame my equipment, only myself.
Good story, two weeks ago my younger Son showed up at the range with my 5 year old granddaughter. She pulled for her Dad and me. What a hoot, talk about a delayed release with from 2 seconds to maybe 10 seconds. Even with that I managed a 21. There is a 28 Ga. 1100 in the safe for her already.
Wayne in crappy NY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

oldbirdhntr wrote:
More importantly, thank you for your service! You gave a hell of a lot for your country and I greatly appreciate it. Good luck with your quest for a straight.

Very well said.

I thank you too.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Awesome!!