ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Muller Chokes

Post subject: Exit diameter of passing waterfowl choke and shell combo?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 am 
Utility Grade

What is the exit diameter of the passing waterfowl choke and what loads have people had good results with? I have always had really good results with federal and never have issues with duds in them whereas other brands have let me down a few times. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Exit diameter of passing waterfowl choke and shell combo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 pm 
Utility Grade

I should add that it would be for a benelli super black eagle 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Good questions UWbadger1013.
Let me help you by clarifying some ballistic technology:

#1) Your SBEIII is one of the tightest shooting guns made, and that is if you take the choke tube out and shoot threads! Therefore most hunters OVER choke (too tight) their Benelli's.
#2) Ammo.....Keep payload heavy and velocity slow: 3" 1-3/8 ounce @ 1300 FPS in steel loads is ultimate, such as Winchester Dry Lok. Also, only use #4 (inside 40 yards) & #1 (past 40 yards)....these are the best killing shot sizes.
#3) You will want my DECOY Constriction for all birds inside 40 yards and PASSING for past 40 yards.
#4) IF your shooting Hevi-Shot, Tungsten, TSS, Lead, etc, and you are capable of hitting birds past 60 yards, then go with the ÜFO.

The DECOY measures approx .712
The PASSING measures approx .690
I hope this helps.
Jim Muller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:55 am 
Utility Grade

For Jimmy Muller

Big fan of yours and your tubes. My buddy and I just bought a pair of the limited production, non-catalogued Benelli Montefeltro Camo plastic stocked 12 ga., 3” chamber, 28” bbl. shotgun model at Scheels. Great gun. Weve already had Devon send out the Decoy and Passing Crio + tubes for our guns.

My question is in three parts.

#1: With respect to your reply to UWbadger 1013 on 10-28-18 in this forum regarding exit diameter on the Benelli SBE III, are the dimensions the same for our Montefeltro’s as you stated they are for UWbadger’s SBE III? If not, could you advise the same information for our guns?

#2: Sometime back it seems you advised that it is ok to use up to #6 shot in the aluminum/ceramic coated Featherlite U-series Muller chokes. Is this still the case?
I have an older Beretta Ultralite 12 ga. 28” bbl. with U1 and U2 Mobil chokes and it is deadly on grouse and woodcock with 1 oz. loads at 1200-1250 fps.

#3: I no longer see Super Lube recommended for Muller chokes on your website. Is it still ok to use Super Lube?

Thanks for your help.