ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Muller Chokes

Post subject: Blaser 20gauge choke question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm 
Field Grade

I have a Blaser 20 gauge F3. my question is, I have been told by 2 choke MFG that Blaser sub gauge chokes are just Invector plus. Is this correct, I do not want to screw up my gun.

Thanks, shane

Post subject: Re: Blaser 20gauge choke question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hmmmm...I have a Blaser F3 with a 20 gauge barrel set with factory chokes and Muller chokes. (All the other barrel sets also with both chokes.) I also have Browning shotguns in all gauges except 16 but only 12 & 20 in Invector Plus with factory and Mullers. All Browning 28 and .410 are the original Invector and I have them in all sizes of Browning and Mullers. I also have 725's in 12 gauge but they use Invector Plus DS chokes, again in both factory and Muller.

I don't understand your question at all. Please give me another try and I'll try to help.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:15 am 
Field Grade

Do Blaser 20 gauge barrels use the invector plus choke tube.
Briley claims Blaser uses Invector plus threads in sub gauge guns.
Comp n choke claims the same.

I purchased a set of comp n choke skeet chokes for for my 20 gauge F3. When I received the chokes they were marked Browning Invector Plus on the package. So I called them, Comp n Choke claims Blaser uses Invector plus choke tubes in the sub gauge barrels.

I am trying to validate if this is correct as I do not want to screw up my gun. The chokes do screw in, but just because they screw in does not mean they fit correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for your reply. It is inconvenient for me to get to my O/U's at the moment but I can't wait to see what you are talking about. On a side note, I went to the Muller Choke site and they have a section where they tell what chokes interchange. For example, CZ sharptail competition uses the Beretta Mobil choke size. Anyhow, I did not see anything that would suggest the Muller Blaser 20 ga chokes would interchange with the Browning Invector Plus but that doesn't mean a thing.

I have the utmost respect and trust in Briley. Their reputation is as good as it gets. When I can check, I'll let you know what I discover.

Please do the same.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

I got into my safe and pulled out my Browning 525 in 20 ga that uses Invector Plus and a bunch of odd Browning chokes; flush, extended Diana Grade, and Muller featherlight. I also pulled out my Blaser 20 ga barrel set with the Mullers that were installed and the Briley Blaser chokes which came with the barrels.

They all fit interchangeably. I moved them all around and every which way and could detect no difference except one of the dirtier chokes from a carry case seemed slightly harder to turn than the rest. The choke wrenches from Briley/Blaser and Browning all fit.

When looking down the barrel, I could see no perceptible difference in the key location, the back or rear of the choke in the barrel. All I had was a bore light and the naked eye and since I wear glasses, I wouldn't have much confidence in that observation.

I then came back and pulled up the Muller site again and compared the provided measurements. The Blaser description is in fractions and the Browning is in decimals. Looked "about" the same.

I can't help but think that the outside dimensions could all fit but the actual constrictions due to barrel diameter could be the difference.

Anyhow, I remain curious as to what you discover from Briley. I believe they make something for everybody.

Thanks for sharing and starting this thread.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 pm 
Field Grade

I have received a few replies from another forum I posted on. Everyone says the same thing that they are the same and have used the Invector plus for years without any issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:46 pm 
Field Grade

Not to muddy the water, but does that hold true for the12 gauge f3 and inventor plus chokes?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well, rumor has it that the Blaser 12 ga chokes are the same as Rem-Chokes. I did personally witness a Blaser / Briley 12 ga skeet choke used in an 870 for a round of Sporting with excellent results.

I do have Blaser/Briley chokes for my F3 and I have multiple Browning Invector Plus chokes. I'll try to get into my safes tomorrow and give a look.

s/f Steve