ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Muller Chokes

Post subject: Muller Shipping Problems
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 pm 
Field Grade

I ordered a Mobil U2 on Friday, Sept 25. As of today, Sept 30, USPS says they have not received the item from Muller. I have not been able yet to get any help from Muller people.

Have any other SGW members had this kind of poor shipping experience with Muller. I thought they were a good outfit, but I am beginning to wonder. I sent an email to them on Tuesday and they said if USPS still hadn't received the item by Wed (today) morning to let them know. I did email them this morning that nothing had changed, but they have failed to respond to this.

I am pretty disappointed by this very poor customer service to say the least.

Post subject: Re: Muller Shipping Problems
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:56 am 
Field Grade

USPS sucks right now. Unreliable at best. I’ve had multiple things ordered over the last month come very very late. Sometimes the tracking information never gets updated and then it just shows up one-two weeks late out of nowhere.
I’m so tired of it that I will pay extra from now on to get UPS.
Probably not a Muller problem.
I just got three new Muller chokes last week and absolutely love them. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:46 pm 
Field Grade

You are probably right about the problem being due to USPS. Around here, I find USPS to be severely short-handed on account of the virus; they also appear to be extremely unmotivated!
Live and learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

vonrichthofen wrote:
they also appear to be extremely unmotivated!
Live and learn.

That's hard to fathom, given the average annual compensation they have. A friend of mine, who retired as a local postmaster, said postal workers (him included) were scandalously overpaid, for the little they had to know or do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:37 pm 
Crown Grade

Funny, my small town USPS is great; when I had an issue with a shipment from Midway, the Postmaster called me back personally to tell me what was going on. I can get her on the phone any time.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Funny, my small town USPS is great; when I had an issue with a shipment from Midway, the Postmaster called me back personally to tell me what was going on. I can get her on the phone any time.

I don't doubt you one bit. The main post office in our town has clerks that have gone well out of their way to provide service. The smaller post office near my house has clerks who couldn't care less....So it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:19 am 
Field Grade

Never an issue and I own them for all of my guns. The last set I purchased took slightly longer than usual, but it did appear to be held up with USPS. You can also call and leave a message, if they don’t answer. Always great service in my experience...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:13 pm 
Crown Grade

vonrichthofen wrote:
I ordered a Mobil U2 on Friday, Sept 25. As of today, Sept 30, USPS says they have not received the item from Muller. I have not been able yet to get any help from Muller people.

Have any other SGW members had this kind of poor shipping experience with Muller. I thought they were a good outfit, but I am beginning to wonder. I sent an email to them on Tuesday and they said if USPS still hadn't received the item by Wed (today) morning to let them know. I did email them this morning that nothing had changed, but they have failed to respond to this.

I am pretty disappointed by this very poor customer service to say the least.

Bit of an over reaction, given the carriers sterling reputation, and what’s going on in the world presently.......