ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Muller Chokes

Post subject: I Have a Basic Question for Mr. Jimmy Muller
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:32 pm 
Field Grade

Hi Jimmy,

I have some basic questions for you. I am the proud new owner of a Mobil U2 choke tube, and I plan to use it shooting SC, starting tomorrow. My questions are concerned with cleaning the choke tube and lubing the threads, and how this meets with the choke tube warranty requirements.

1. Lubing - I plan to lubricate the choke tube threads with either Mobil 1 synthetic grease (the red stuff) or Super Lube Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease. I currently use the Mobil 1 red stuff on choke tubes in my Guerini and it is terrific. I lube the wear areas in my Guerini O/U with Super Lube. Both of these synthetics can take the heat of wheel bearings, so no problem with the choke tubes getting too hot for the grease to handle.

2. Cleaning - I will clean the bore of my shotgun with the choke in place. I currently use Hoppe's #9 and a Pro-Shot bronze brush, and everthing works quite well. I pull the choke tube(s) every few thousand rounds or so and clean them (again with Hoppe's and bronze brush) and relube them.

I plan to continue to clean and lube in the same manner as above described. Does this method of cleaning and lubing satisfy the U2 choke tube warranty requirements?

Looking forward to your response. vonrichthofen

Post subject: Re: I Have a Basic Question for Mr. Jimmy Muller
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:25 pm 
Field Grade

Jim has stated many times to use Black Maxx to clean and Blue Maxx to lube. They can be found on Amazon. Enjoy the chokes. They’re great!