ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Long Time Reader, First Time Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 am 
Utility Grade

Well, I finally decided to join the forum. I've been reading as a guest for a while now, but I created an account to get some advice on a specific gun.

For background, I'm an avid clay shooter, my favorite time of the year is 9/1 when dove season comes around, and I enjoy the occasional duck hunt. Turkey are fair game in fall and spring for me, and I'm just getting into collecting classic shotguns.

Thanks for having me!

Post subject: Re: Long Time Reader, First Time Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:04 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

TLoo wrote:
Well, I finally decided to join the forum. I've been reading as a guest for a while now, but I created an account to get some advice on a specific gun.

For background, I'm an avid clay shooter, my favorite time of the year is 9/1 when dove season comes around, and I enjoy the occasional duck hunt. Turkey are fair game in fall and spring for me, and I'm just getting into collecting classic shotguns.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome! {hs#

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you!

:B3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Welcome from Florida!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 pm 
Utility Grade

I mentioned in my opening post that I was trying to get some feedback on a shotgun.

Can someone point me in the right direction of getting PMs sent? I tried to send one and it is stuck in the outbox -- am I correct to assume a Mod has to approve PMs on my new account?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

TLoo wrote:
I mentioned in my opening post that I was trying to get some feedback on a shotgun.

Can someone point me in the right direction of getting PMs sent? I tried to send one and it is stuck in the outbox -- am I correct to assume a Mod has to approve PMs on my new account?

PM's will stay in your Out Box until the recipient opens it. I don't recall if you have to have a certain minimum number of posts before sending PM's or not. Send a PM to "Curly" (the moderator) if you can. He will know for sure. Other people here may know also, but it's been so long since I was a new member, I simply don't recall.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:25 pm 
Utility Grade

Ulysses wrote:
TLoo wrote:

PM's will stay in your Out Box until the recipient opens it. I don't recall if you have to have a certain minimum number of posts before sending PM's or not. Send a PM to "Curly" (the moderator) if you can. He will know for sure. Other people here may know also, but it's been so long since I was a new member, I simply don't recall.

Ah that explains it. I was able to send one, but I was thrown off on the outbox piece. Thank you for the clarification Ulysses!