ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Field & Stream $4.98 Dallas stores
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:33 pm 
Crown Grade

If you care to buy at Dick's, they have 12ga 1-1/8th #7.5 & 8 @1200 and 1 oz @1290, and 20 ga 7/8 @1210.

$4.98 a box, until 5/26/18

They also have Field & Stream 380 pistol ammo, two boxes of 50 for $20.

Post subject: Re: Field & Stream $4.98 Dallas stores
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

They could be selling it for a penny and I wouldn't buy it. The store lost me as a customer. My personal values mean more to me that saving a small amount of money. BUT, we do live in a free country, others are entitled to their own opinions, as I am to mine.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:08 pm 
Crown Grade

For a penny., more. I'll buy from Academy
I will NEVER set foot in a Dick's again

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Tore up my Dick’s Sporting Goods Card. I’d pay a dolllar or more per box more to but then from Academy or Cabelas.

And what Dicks doesn’t realize is how many of us also bought running shoes, golf gear, fishing gear, basketball goals, etc., from them before and will never do so again.

If regularly go there to buy shells and then buy something like a pair of running shoes, or once a $200 St. Croix fishing rod. Probably spent a couple of grand a year at Dicks, especially when the kids were younger and playing school sports. Never again!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dick's/Field & Stream will never greet me again as a customer. They could be giving stuff away and I wouldn't waste my time going there. We don't need them anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

I wouldn’t walk across the street to pick them up if they were giving them away. Every gun owner and supporter of the 2nd amendment should assertively follow suit. And ... we should not use forums like this to give them free advertising.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:05 pm 
Field Grade

I'll take every box of discounted ammo they wanna sell me! Gun Club's with a Gander Mountain price match of $4.98 a box...count me in.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:23 am 
Diamond Grade

My 1964 Rem Wingmaster TB will not abide these shells. It refuses to eject them. There is nothing more frustrating in a round of trap than a stuck shell other than 15 or 20 of them.
They are produced by Federal...and yet the same gun works perfectly with the el cheepo wallyworld Federals.
If you chose to shop at F&S or Dicks and plan to use them in a pump...beware. They are fine in an over and under.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dick's is dead around here. I understand it was Suicide!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

Won't set foot in one again.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'd rather pay more than patronize Dick's.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

And yet Dick's announced record 1st quarter earnings and revenue, with increased guidance for the second quarter, just two days ago. Guess we'll have to wait and see if the numbers increase for the 2nd quarter. If they don't, we might be able to take some credit!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Record earnings come from golf, team sports apparel and gym clothes - all high margins with no Fed rules or social stigma. It wouldn't surprise if they drop all hunting/shooting goods entirely.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

Oneounceload, you may very well be right. I met Dick Stack many years ago as he was opening his early store in Central NY. He was quite a guy who viewed customer service and satisfaction as paramount. His son on the other hand, greatly reduced the shooting and hunting departments and cheapen them (quality-wise) in his empire building quest. The stores should stop using the name "Dick's" and change the name to "Sonny's"!

Last edited by senorric on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 pm 
Crown Grade

I've been watching Dick's weekly ads and ever since they pulled their black rifles and raised the gun buying age to 21, they have not advertised any guns or ammo.

I did buy some shotgun shells and .380 pistol ammo, but they got nothing on me - $38 out the door for five boxes of shotgun shells and two boxes of 50 .380 shells. No profit in that.

After reading this thread I started thinking about were we are at this point in time with protecting our 2nd amendment rights, and what they have done - I won't be shopping there anymore, either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:26 pm 
Crown Grade

senorric wrote:
Oneounceload, you may very well be right. I met Dick Stack many years ago as he was opening his early store in Central NY. He was quite a guy who viewed customer service and satisfaction as paramount. His son on the other hand, greatly reduced the shooting and hunting departments and cheapened them (quality-wise) in his empire building quest. The stores should stop using the name "Dick's" and change the name to "Sonny's"!

Then they would be competing with a large FL-based BBQ chain started in Gainesville in the 60s! Decent enough but nothing like you get from some road-side trailer where you get a "mess of ribs"..... :wink: :mrgreen: