ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gun Clubs on Sale for $5.48 per box at Dicks Sporting Goods
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

I seen this in a mailer I received. They have a limit of 10 boxes per customer. Just thought I would pass it on.

Both 12 and 20 gauge

Post subject: Re: Gun Clubs on Sale for $5.48 per box at Dicks Sporting Go
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

Not even if they were the last shells I could ever legally buy. Dick's will never get another penny from me.
I'm just sayin'.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Does Gander still offer them for $4.99?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:
Not even if they were the last shells I could ever legally buy. Dick's will never get another penny from me.
I'm just sayin'.

Same here. I'd rather shoot a BB gun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:24 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:

Unless there`s been a recent change, unfortunately no. At one time that was about the best you could do for shells on line.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:45 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:

Went on Gander`s live chat and inquired. The customer service agents had no idea if or when they might sell the shells online at that price again. I asked if they could refer me to someone else who might know, they said, " No ".

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:15 pm 
Diamond Grade

F Dick's.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:26 am 
Tournament Grade

I agree with Desmobob, "FDICKS" at any price, so I guess me & Lossking will have to break out our RED RYDER BB GUNS.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Get the ad, use price match and buy elsewhere

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 am 
Presentation Grade

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:
I'm just sayin'.

Well said! I like the idea of taking the Dick's ad and getting a price match elsewhere.

As a side note, I was fortunate to have met Dick Stack in the 2nd store he opened and while I wasn't interested, he even offered me a job. He was a great guy to talk to and deal with. He must be rolling around in his grave seeing what Sonny-boy has done with the brand and stores!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Wife wanted exercise clothes so I went to Dick's in Grafton, WI. No guns or ammunition anymore. I know they had some up until last year.
Jim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

I see the bi-monthly “anti-Dick’s brigade threads” are still going strong. Keep boycotting them, please, I appreciate the plentiful shelves when I go to restock on cheap Gun Club’s. By the way, how many of you stopped shopping at Walmart and Sam’s Club after the company changed their policy on firearms and ammunition to be even harsher than Dick’s? I suspect very few.

"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give."Thomas Jefferson, 1788

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don’t shop either since neither carry shot, wads, primers, and powder. However I do own Wal Mart stock in a mutual fund and its price has skyrocketed this past week with the JV with Microsoft

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:54 pm 
Diamond Grade

My dicks no longer sells ammo . I needed new hiking shoes so I got them and said to my self I’m not coming back . That is until I saw the check out girls uniforms.
Black Yoga pants and tight tops . They know what sells .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

ThrowAway wrote:
I see the bi-monthly “anti-Dick’s brigade threads” are still going strong. Keep boycotting them, please, I appreciate the plentiful shelves when I go to restock on cheap Gun Club’s. By the way, how many of you stopped shopping at Walmart and Sam’s Club after the company changed their policy on firearms and ammunition to be even harsher than Dick’s? I suspect very few.

Dick's is the only one I recall saying it would contribute money to anti-2nd amendment groups and campaign for anti-gun legislation. Deciding not to sell stuff is one thing...that's their loss. Actively campaigning against my rights? Screw Dick's...I'll never spend a dime there again, even for all the non-shooting sports junk for the wife and kids.

Buying from them is traitorous to anyone who values their 2nd Amendment rights.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

In response to the El Paso shooting, Doug McMillon, the CEO of Walmart, directly petitioned Congress and the White House to reinstate the assault weapons ban, implement stronger background checks for gun sales, and establish red flag laws for suspicious individuals in possession of firearms. Also, since 2008, Walmart has been known to cooperate with Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a subsidiary of Everytown for Gun Safety, in the development of the company’s firearms policy.

If you believe a multi-billion dollar corporation putting pressure on lawmakers for tighter gun laws isn’t in the same vein as making financial contributions for the same cause, you are woefully naive.

Sources:

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/ ... -southaven

https://everytown.org/press/everytown-f ... -shooting/

"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give."Thomas Jefferson, 1788

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Walmart still sells some guns. Does Dick’s sell any guns?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yes, and ammunition of all sorts, including that for handguns and AR-15’s.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 pm 
Field Grade

I stopped by my local Dicks when I saw this post and was surprised to find that they no longer have any hunting stuff at this location. Closest Dicks otherwise is 30 minutes away so I won't be going to there.
We have a farm store called Rural King around here and they have the same Gun Club shells for $5.98 which isn't too bad either. I would rather shop there anyways.

John

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 am 
Diamond Grade

mpolans wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:

Dick's is the only one I recall saying it would contribute money to anti-2nd amendment groups and campaign for anti-gun legislation. Deciding not to sell stuff is one thing...that's their loss. Actively campaigning against my rights? Screw Dick's...I'll never spend a dime there again, even for all the non-shooting sports junk for the wife and kids.

Buying from them is traitorous to anyone who values their 2nd Amendment rights.
Absolutely correct. A man has got to stand for something if he’s to be of any worth.