ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tokyo 2021 Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:20 am 
Crown Grade

Which Americans made the cut? Anybody know if/when the Skeet/Trap shooting will be televised? I don't expect NBC will cover them at all.

Retired

Post subject: Re: Tokyo 2021 Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 am 
Crown Grade

U.S. Olympic Shooting Team
Madelynn Bernau
Kayle Browning
Amber English
Alexis Lagan
Sagen Maddalena
Austen Smith
Mary Tucker
Sandra Uptagrafft
Ali Weisz
Brian Burrows
James Hall
Vincent Hancock
Phillip Jungman
Lucas Kozeniesky
Derrick Mein
Nick Mowrer
Keith Sanderson
Will Shaner
Patrick Sunderman

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It is fairly unlikely any of it will be televised, and if it is it will probably be on a channel you don't have. I don't think I've seen them televise any shooting events on a relatively common channel since a brief glimpse in 2004.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:50 am 
Crown Grade

So Kim Rhode won't be able to continue her long string of medals at the olympics? Sad. She must not have qualified.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:51 am 
Presentation Grade

oyeme wrote:
So Kim Rhode won't be able to continue her long string of medals at the olympics? Sad. She must not have qualified.

After reviewing the list, I had the same thought.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:00 am 
Crown Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
It is fairly unlikely any of it will be televised, and if it is it will probably be on a channel you don't have. I don't think I've seen them televise any shooting events on a relatively common channel since a brief glimpse in 2004.

The biathlon in the winter Olympics seems to be the exception, probably because a lot of people watch it. They will probably show a brief glimpse if an American wins a medal. The same is true for the other "ignored" Olympic sports. Curling, sailing, archery, equestrian.......
Fortunately, a lot of those ignored sports can be live streamed over the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:28 am 
Crown Grade

oyeme wrote:
She qualified in 4th place and is the 2nd Alternate behind Amber English CO (Olympian), Austen Smith TX (Olympian), and Samantha Simonton CO (1st Alternate) representing the USA in Women's Skeet. Two of the first three would have to not go to give Kimberly a shot at another medal; seems unlikely at this point.

Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:04 am 
Crown Grade

It appears that the qualifying rounds of Skeet (Women's & Men's) will not be available to watch either broadcast or streamed. The Women's & Men's Skeet Finals on Sunday (July 25th) will be streamed at 11:50 PM (Women's)/12:50 AM (Men's) MDT. I can stream it on my laptop using my Dish account. There will be a reply of both on Monday (July 26th) starting at 1:45 PM MDT. Since I retire for the day at 10:00 PM, I'll have to wait until Monday at 1:45 to watch it.

Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It looks like you get a 30 minute trial if you don't have a cable provider. I'm hoping I can chain 30 minute trials by swapping incognito windows as necessary. Ginny Thrasher is going to livestream with commentary on her insta and youtube if any americans are in the finals.

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
It looks like you get a 30 minute trial if you don't have a cable provider. I'm hoping I can chain 30 minute trials by swapping incognito windows as necessary. Ginny Thrasher is going to livestream with commentary on her insta and youtube if any americans are in the finals.
Dude - what language is that your using? Way beyond this 79 year olds tech abilities.

:lol: {hs# :lol:

Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

so the results from day one are in and the gals have shown that they can shoot as well as the boys.
Amber Hill, the ISSF number one ranked shooter going into the games, was a DNS today because she tested positive for the Chicom virus. I was flavoring her for a medal.

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:03 pm 
Crown Grade

In Women's Skeet, Austen Smith (USA) shot 73/75 on day one (3rd/4th) and Amber English shot 72/75 on day one (5th - 8th). In Men's Skeet, Vincent Hancock (USA) shot 75/75 on day one (1st/2nd) And Phillip Jungman shot 71/75 on day one (listed at 23 on the list). Day 2 results will be posted in about 5 more hours.

Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:17 am 
Crown Grade

Amber English took the Gold Medal in Women's Skeet.

Vincent Hancock took the Gold Medal in Men's Skeet.

Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Absolutely incredible, so glad I stayed up to watch it live. A free trial through FuboTV worked perfectly to livestream, 7 day trial that will get canceled after the mixed trap event on Saturday.